St Augustine

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Da Nizz

Reaction score
# of dives
I'm a Fish!
I am wondering if there is any diving around St Augustine. The last time I was over on that coast I didnt find anything. If anyone knows anything please drop me a line. Thanks

I live in Jacksonville and the closest in Mayport, which is about 45 minutes north of St. Augustine. The dive shop is called Atlantic Pro Divers and they go out every Friday, Saturday and Sunday.

There was one guy who would run off St. Augustine, but I don't think he has in years. The conditions offshore aren't really conducive to diving, but they do make for excellent archaeological opportunities.

There is good diving off St. Augustine but no charters that I am aware of. Jacksonville has more artificial reefs and wrecks than St. Augustine does as St. Johns county isn't as active as duval in creating artificial reefs. Diamind Diver is one of the better offshore Jax charters for diving if you want to take the short drive to Jacksonville.

Thanks for the advice. I will be going over there to get married and was wondering if anything was there. I doubt I will be able to make it to Jacksonville.

Lady Margaret was the boat running charters in SA back in '04 thru '06. They couldn't turn a profit running only in the summer and I think she's down in Costa Rica now.

There was also SeaBeast Offshore but I think the captain passed away on a dive about two years ago (was using the wrong tank/regulator).

Thing about off shore Jax (and I'm assuming St. Augustine) is you have a heck of a long boat ride out before you get to any decent vis. I personally don't like diving where I spend more time on the boat getting to and from the site, than I do underwater. I love Jax and St. A's, but if you are going to be here a limited time I would skip the diving and spend some time on the beach, on one of the fantastic golf courses, or drinking/eating/shopping your way through St. A's.

https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom