Wanna be a dork diver too!

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Belle67

Reaction score
# of dives
Hello everyone! Have been checking out the threads here. Quite entertaining! I much enjoy your guys' humor! :> Can I come and play!?!? hehehehe

Hello everyone! Have been checking out the threads here. Quite entertaining! I much enjoy your guys' humor! :> Can I come and play!?!? hehehehe
Seems to me that you already have. Since you're already here, then, let me be the first to say "Welcome!" :biggrin:

I'll second it, Welcome.

Yes, Weclome to the dork side. For more info on us, you should have a look at out web site.

Dork Divers Network

Happy diving

GAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAH!!! THE PIXELS!!! THE HORRIBLE PIXELS!!!

Um... sorry about that. I just picked up my first contacts in a decade. (I wore contacts for part of my final year of high school, but my self-image wears glasses, so I didn't really like them.) Anyway, in order to use a better mask, and in order to be able to see above and below the water at all times when I'm assisting with classes and checkout dives, I've decided to be a part-time user of daily disposable contacts. (That way I don't have to care for them, and if I lose one I don't have to care, since I would've thrown it away at the end of the day, anyway.)

Anyway, I'm -4 left and -4.25 right, so there's a significant image reduction factor when I'm wearing glasses that isn't there when wearing contacts (due to the geometry of the optics). Suddenly, I find myself in a significantly larger world. Everything on my desk is *huge* now, including the monitor, and without all the dirt and scratches on my old glasses, I can see clearly enough to see the *pixels*... which is slightly unsettling. I'm going to have to get used to this. :biggrin:

Oh, wait... I'm in a thread... sorry about that digression... Anyway, um, welcome to Dork Diving, Love. :D

As I understand it, the only requirement to become a Dork Diver is to be a diver and want to be a Dork Diver. If you're not a diver yet, you can only become a "provisional" Dork Diver while you're waiting (the provisional drops as soon as you're certified), but that's just a trivial distinction (and if the word "provisional" wasn't so much fun, we might not even bother).

Of course, there are a few more requirements to *remain* a Dork Diver. You must dive safely -- if you don't, you won't be able to keep diving, especially if you're dead. :biggrin: Oh, and you must not be a jerk to people, but if you're a Dork Diver, you wouldn't be anyway. (If the meds make you do it, um... get well soon? :D)

All Hail his dorkyness

Wow... way to scare of the newly dorked, Clay!

Anyway- it takes a certain kind of diver to admit to wanting to be a dork. There are other dorks out there who dive (Steve_Dives for example- just seeing if you're reading this...) but who haven't come to a place in their life where they can embrace the lure of official Dork Diver status.

So sad (ha ha- ISOSAD- get it? get it?).

Thnaks guys!€ yaahoooo heheh

Back
Top Bottom