New use for BP/harness and STA

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

shoredivr

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
1000 - 2499
Well, I'm trying to vary my aerobic fun workouts. I've been experimenting with wearing my 5 LB BP and harness and my STA (single tank adaptor) while I run, walk or jog. Adds extra resistance.

FINALLY something I can do with the STA: when diving, it usually turns me turtle since the single tank is held that much farther away from my centre of gravity. Until I thought of this, the ~3 LB STA has been languishing in my dive cupboard....:D

Oh, yeah, don't connect the crotch strap, loop it over the waist belt: it's too chafing for a run:wink:

I actually know an ex-diver or two who wear their old weight belts filled with a few pounds while exercising. Guess that is one crafty thing to do with them...

and of course ... as the BP and STA get too light ... you can also add extra weight plates to the BP ... might get to be a bit comical after the first few though :wink:

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom