Special Offer For Florida Conch Contributors!

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Chris Brown Tech

Contributor
Scuba Instructor
Reaction score
# of dives
I'm a Fish!
Hi all,

As WRECKFEST will be the biggest wreck diving event of the year, we want to make sure that all you Conchers dont miss out! I am offering 10% off 1, 3, 6 and 9 day passes for the event to Florida Conch Divers.

We will be diving as far up as Biscayne Bay and as far Down as the Queen of Nassau in Islamorada. Wreckreational or technical, it doesnt matter, there will be dives for everyone both shallow and deep.

You must have contributed to this forum prior to this post to qualify. Just PM me to get the discount.

What is WreckFest? here is the press release!:

In 2007, Silent World organized the very first WreckFest: a celebration of the wrecks of the Upper Keys, for like-minded wreckaholics to explore some of the best dive sites that North America has to offer. The first event took place over a long weekend in September, and Silent World’s 2 boats were dedicated to taking recreational and technical divers out to wreck after wreck after wreck! In the evening, divers (who included the world renowned WKPP explorers Jarrod Jablonski and Casey McKinlay) were treated to dive related seminars, food and refreshments at the Holiday Inn.

This year, the event is going to be even bigger and better, and will run for nine days from August 2nd-10th. The dive sites will include the Spiegel Grove, Duane and Bibb amongst others for the recreational advanced divers, plus the Northern Light and Queen of Nassau for the more technically experienced. New sites introduced to the schedule will be the Doc DeMilly and Hugos April Fool in Biscayne National Park. Evening events will be hosted by renowned divers such as Wreck Detective John Chatterton, IANTD’s Tom Mount and world record cave diver Jarrod Jablonski. All the major manufacturers and training agencies including Aqua Lung, Halcyon, Hollis Tech, Oceanic, Global Underwater Explorers, IANTD, PADI and TDI are sponsoring the event and will be providing pool equipment demos, as well as gear giveaways, and opportunities to find out more about rebreathers, technical diving and training.

Those interested in WreckFest 2008 can contact Chris Brown at Silent World Dive Center on 305-451-3252 or via email: info@silentworldkeylargo.com. Visit us on the web at Silent World: Wreckfest

WOO HOO this sounds like a blast!!!

Its in Biscayne Bay, hence the all day charter. There is loads of stuff up there in around 150'

Its quicker for us to get up there than the boats out of Miami, but its still a long run, which is why its not dived that often.

Its in Biscayne Bay, hence the all day charter. There is loads of stuff up there in around 150'

Its quicker for us to get up there than the boats out of Miami, but its still a long run, which is why its not dived that often.

I'd like to take this opportunity to say there's an excellent write-up on the Doc Demilly and Silent World in the current issue of Advanced Diver Magazine issue #28 written by Mel Clark. She has a way of writing that makes you feel like you were on the dive. Congrats to Chris and Allison.

If you're not subscriber to ADM, you should be, it's an outstanding read every quarter.

I'm rearranging my calendar to be there! :D LET'S scuba!!!:lotsalove:

Oh man... I'd love to do this. :(

Poor timing on my part. Have to work 7 out of those 9 days. :(

Bummer. Maybe next year.

Dave

I'd like to take this opportunity to say there's an excellent write-up on the Doc Demilly and Silent World in the current issue of Advanced Diver Magazine issue #28 written by Mel Clark. She has a way of writing that makes you feel like you were on the dive. Congrats to Chris and Allison.

If you're not subscriber to ADM, you should be, it's an outstanding read every quarter.

Thanks Brian. It was a shame we couldnt get them on the Northern Light too, but the current was ripping and the seas were 7ft plus. It looks like we will have lots of breathers at wreckfest this year. Just you and me and the GUE boys on OC then Brian? :)

I’ve heard great things about Silent World and would like to dive with you. Your policy says no refunds for package deals or during holidays. What if the trip is cancelled several weeks in advance? Is there still no refund?

https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom