Anilao 4th-6th April, help needed, O lovely PPD!

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Hammerhead

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
Guys,

Happybuddha and I (and his lovely wife) are going to do a lightning strike on Anilao for 4th - 6th April.

Friday's a public holiday here, so we'll both fly out on Thursday night after work and overnight in Alabang (or somewhere else along the way to save the getting-out-of-Manila time the following morning.

Arrive Anilao morning of Friday, dive all day, same on Saturday and then trek back up to Manila and fly out Sunday PM.

SO, who wants to join us?

Can one of you delightful people contact Hernel and Joy on our behalf for bookings?

Also, is there anybody who has a contact for somewhere to stay (preferably with transport down there from NAIA) on the South Luzon Expressway?

I know it's a lot to ask, but I promise solemnly to get anyone who helps outstandingly drunk on their tipple of choice.

Honest.

Doesn't mean you can't help me book, you mofo!

:)

Hernel and Joy certified me in '94, believe it or not! Joy's name is on my OW C-card...I was probably one of the worst students they ever had. While doing the remove and replace mask skill in the pool at Scuba World San Juan with Hernel, water went up my nose and I lost my composure and couldn't breath, so I shot to the surface :) It took me a long time to get comfortable with my mask off under water.

I hope some of the PPD's will be there at least on Saturday, if not Friday, as I would certainly like to meet you guys.

Pakman and Wolverine, what are you up to on Ching Ming weekend? Care to join me and Larry in Anilao?

Drew

old man caloy should be able to hook you up with hernel :mooner:

Hernel and Joy certified me in '94, believe it or not! Joy's name is on my OW C-card...I was probably one of the worst students they ever had. While doing the remove and replace mask skill in the pool at Scuba World San Juan with Hernel, water went up my nose and I lost my composure and couldn't breath, so I shot to the surface :) It took me a long time to get comfortable with my mask off under water.

I hope some of the PPD's will be there at least on Saturday, if not Friday, as I would certainly like to meet you guys.

Pakman and Wolverine, what are you up to on Ching Ming weekend? Care to join me and Larry in Anilao?

Drew

they remember you alright. :D

Guys don't laugh, but is there an Anito or Victoria Court, or something similar, in Alabang~San Pedro, Lag. area? I found 3 hotels in Alabang in Filinvest but they must all be 5 star, they are all over USD100 and more than I want to pay for one night when I get in late and get up early. I figure a short-time motel would serve the purpose of a place for a longish nap and a shower. Any ideas?

Ok I'll arrange your reservations....give me a min. ladies..

ps - you can be picked up at the airport and transported to Anilao and vice versa via private van (7k aquav rate)

Ok I'll arrange your reservations....give me a min. ladies..

ps - you can be picked up at the airport and transported to Anilao via private van (7k aquav rate)

Caloy, can we give you an answer about the van later? If my wife goes and she hasn't sold her car (she's trying to sell it), then we can all ride in her Honda. If she doesn't go, or she sells the car, then we'll need transport. Is P7000 round trip? Seems a bit pricey if not, I hired a taxi from Makati to Batangas City in Feb for P2500 one way.

Larry and I were thinking of staying in Alabang or some place along the way for the night of Thusday, April 3 and then driving down early the morning of 4th. My recollection of the way the Anilao resorts are priced is that its better to arrive in the mornings and dive rather than the night before. Is my memory flawed, its been several years (probably 10~11 years or so) since I stayed over night in Anilao.

We are arriving late (midnightish) at NAIA, if it were you would you drive to Anilao, or stay somewhere cheap along the way and then drive down on morning of 4th?

One more question, if we drive, is the best route through Cuenca? I seem to recall when I went to PG in Feb there was a sign at the turn off to Cuenca saying the road was closed, but I had a fairly serious hangover so it could have been a hallucination.

Cheers,
Drew

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom