Wish me luck...

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

ClayJar

ScubaBoard Supporter
ScubaBoard Supporter
Scuba Instructor
Divemaster
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
Actually, on second thought, wish me *smart*. :biggrin:

We finished the NAUI DM classwork this past Monday evening. We still have pool stuff to go, and I have to work at least two checkout trips. The second checkout isn't until the end of April, so technically, I could wait until the last week of April and still be done with the test before it becomes the limiting factor holding me up, but who am I to wait, eh?

I've never been one to cram just to pass a test. I like to learn and know things too much, and cramming tends not to help you retain knowledge long-term. The way I see it, either I know the material or I don't, and I believe I know this material. So...

I figure I may as well drop by the shop at my earliest opportunity to take (and pass) the final exam. Is it dorky to take a test about a month before it's "required"? Well, perhaps it's more my nerd side than my dork side, but hey, I'm just loony enough to consider tests *fun*, so it counts as dork, right? :biggrin:

Anyway, so feel free to wish me smart, and we may have another D3M coming up (as soon as we finish the wet work, which is a blast!). :D

Good Luck! You could be a DDM!

Good Luck! You could be a DDM!
Hey, I want all the 'D's. It may be slightly redundant, but DD DM = D3M, and D3M is more fun than D2M.

I am sure you will pass it. I find it better to take the exam while it is fresh in my mind. So I took it all within 4 days of starting out. You seem to have a much better depth of knowledge than I do, just reading your posts. I was more worried of the fitness part, but that is just worry. Hopefully, you still be nice to the little guys like us after you get your qualifications? Right? Just kidding.

Good luck my friend -- I know that you will do GREAT!!! Let the power of PINK carry you through -- as well as all that hard work and studying!!

Well, just in case, I bought a pink slap strap to go with my new Tilos Excel mask (to make it match my computers, my backplate's webbing, etc.). Then I went to take the test. :biggrin:

I got a couple guessed answers wrong (one was what the requirements are for being certified as a commercial captain on a six-pack, and the other was equally esoteric). I successfully disputed a handful of mistakes on the answer key, and a couple more have been referred to our lead instructor (who wasn't there at the moment), who will make judgement on whether I am correct in my justifications for why *my* answer is "more" correct than the keyed answer. (Hehe, and I've never even been to law school. :D)

Regardless, I passed and passed well. Now, on to the first checkout trip. :biggrin:

Hey, I want all the 'D's. It may be slightly redundant, but DD DM = D3M, and D3M is more fun than D2M.

More redundant, but exponentially more fun!

Good smarts Clay. I'm sure you will pass with flying colors! (Even Pink!)

Good smarts Clay. I'm sure you will pass with flying colors! (Even Pink!)

Ofcourse he will,how can a DorkDiver fail his/her DorkMaster course :D
Dorkluck ClayJar.:dork2:

:lotsalove:

Ofcourse he will,how can a DorkDiver fail his/her DorkMaster course :D
Dorkluck ClayJar.:dork2:

:lotsalove:
Um... is it just me, or did we just move into some demented repurposing of smurfspeak? :biggrin:

Back
Top Bottom