Missile Silos

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Should you be allowed near a missile silo with a handle like that? ROFLLMAO....

The Gas is clean burning and you don't have to drill for it so it is ecologically safe and underwater will not self ignite..hehehe.
Are you thinking of doing a silo trip scott? That link was interesting.That's a big silo.....Mind you,Texass will say that "In Texas..... our silos are THIS BIGGGGGG".
Cheers Big Ears,
The Gasman

Originally posted by boomx5
I was wondering if any of you out there have ever been diving in a missile silo and what was it like. Also, if you guys could give some information as to where they are located I would appreciate it alot.

Scott

Scott,
It's one of those "been there, done that" kind of dives. We dove the Valhalla missile silo outside of Abilene. "Texass" posted the website. We did it as a swampdive in my club, the Scubadillos in Dallas. It's basically a deep, cold, high altitude, limited vis (sort of), entanglement hazards, difficult access kind of dive...
I.e. not a dive for the newbie... It's 130ft deep and about 60ft across, temp in the 50's, maybe 20ft vis.

/Mike
PS. The Scubadillo Swampdivers was a program my club had between 1998-2000, basically to find new divespots around Dallas and to offer more diving opportunities for the member. http://www.diverguy.com/swamp_patch98.jpg

Hey, thanks for the information guys. I was thinking about maybe doing a silo trip sometime next year, but I think maybe I might go to cozumel instead. Maybe I'll do both, but I just didn't want to waste my time if it is not worth it. But I still am open for more opinions.

why not dive the spring that is in utah, somewhere kinda east of salt lake city? i had a rodale magazine that featured an article about that particular site but cant seem to find it. i believe they said the water was close to 90 year round.....if i find the website info or the magazine article i will come back and edit this post and put the info in

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom