DIR for Metrosexual and "Happy" people?

Is there a market for colorful DIR gears?

• Yes, definitely

Votes: 23 62.2%
  • No, black is the only color needed

Votes: 9 24.3%
  • No, it is not DIR compliant

Votes: 4 10.8%
  • No, not over my (yours?) dead body

Votes: 1 2.7%

• Total voters

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

fisherdvm

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
I wonder if there is a market for gears targeted at this group. I mean, they seem to be so boring, the technical market.

If we can have jetfins in all color of the rainbow, wings in in flourescent colors, and mask with flare - wouldn't we have more people interested in technical diving?

Do you think there is a market for this?

yes!!

You forgot:

How the heck should I know? I'm a stroke. :rofl3:

I've long been lusting after the orange Jet equivalents that you can buy in Japan. They'd go with my bright orange doubles wing, and my orange gloves. A tiger striped hood would be nice, too . . .

I've long been lusting after the orange Jet equivalents that you can buy in Japan. They'd go with my bright orange doubles wing, and my orange gloves. A tiger striped hood would be nice, too . . .

Hey Lynne, There is a fun side we don't get to see often!:D

Maybe Ber can find the hood!

It is kinda sad that one out of three don't want any colors except black. I guess, it is kinda like the Army ranger and Navy seals recruiting in a gay bar?

So in effect, a manufacturer can increase his market by going into this segment. But then, they would deny the exclusivity of the brand.

Kinda like when the US army issued the "beret" to all of its troops. Now it doesn't mean "special forces" anymore?

The beret makes them all look like 'frogs'. To bad.

The beret makes them all look like 'frogs'. To bad.

I personally like the cap myself. Got the stupid ear warmers that works real well, but by regulation, you can put the ear flaps down! Kinda as stupid as the regulation that allows woman soldiers to carry an umbrella, and the man soldiers have to wear raincoats.

Oh, I forgot, we don't have "rain" in the service. It is called "liquid sunshine". The best weather to do your training in is cold, wet, and muddy. The best hours to train is between O-dark hundred, and ends at O-dawn thirty.

You think DIR divers don't have a fun side? :)

0fe20580.jpg

Taming the Borg Queen

Back
Top Bottom