Time out error on Elite

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

jpomerantz

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
I have 2 questions:

1. When I try to download my dives I keep getting a time out error and the program closes or crashes and locks up the computer. I am using 2.1.7 and the contacts on the DC and the cable look good (actually have 2 cables and it happens with both). The battery is new (jsut replaced before these 14 dives last week). Ideas?

2. Is there a way to merge 2 dive logs?

Thanks.

My time out issues with the Elite have always been a connection issue. If you constantly screw with the lousy connection you will eventually stumble onto the right perfect position and it will work. It is by far the weak suit of these computers and sadly it continues with the CompuMask that uses the same crappy connection (no real positive lock to show you have connected), but amazingly they decided to put it in the most difficult location imaginable with the CompuMask. Very frustrating.

It takes me quite a few tries to finally make the connection on mine. I also have a problem when I try to save the dives they do not make it to the log. It shows them there but never show on the log.
I bought an extra transmitter so I could read my sons tank pressure. The only problem is that it is easier to just look at his gauge. I have to get so close to him for the transmitter to work it is crazy.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom