Bending the Nitek Duo

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

jpatmore

Registered
Reaction score
I am looking at getting a Nitek duo, and I have a question. If you bend it, will you still be able to use it in gauge mode, or is it unusable for the lockout period ?

Thanks
John

According to the Nitek Duo Manual (page 33) regarding decompression stop violation:

"Caution: If you do not correct an indicated deco stop violation,
the warnings continue for several minutes after surfacing. At this
point, the computer is not usable for the next 48 hours."

I dive with two computers now, the Nitek Duo and the Uwatec Tec 2G. I've noticed the Nitek Duo is more conservative than the Tec 2G, which I expected. I usually base my deco on the Uwatec algorithm, but extend it 2-3X for safety so the extra conservativeness of the Nitek Duo is not a problem. If it were, I could adjust its sensitivity.

Turn computer over, look for black reset button, press the black reset button, now use in gage mode only.

You did keep a paper dive log for the past day or so so that you can figure out where on a table, didn't you?

If not, go to the max NDL for your last dive and enter the tables at that level.

If you want to be extra carefull, subtract 2 hours from any interval - i.e. if it has been 4 hours enter the tables as if you have only had a 2 hour interval.

I am looking at getting a Nitek duo, and I have a question. If you bend it, will you still be able to use it in gauge mode, or is it unusable for the lockout period ?

Thanks
John

Of course, we should ask how did you bend it?

If you bent it because you came up early, there are other problems that we need to talk about.

If you bent it because you were in dive mode and running a diffrent table with more then one deco gas and forgot to set to gage mode, then reset it.

Back
Top Bottom