Is this your Manta sir?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

David D

Registered
Reaction score
Finese,

Just having a look at the board after a few months, and can't help but notice that your manta pic is my manta pic! Think I was in Manihi a few weeks before you.

Thierry wasn't naming them then. She had two admiring males with her at the time of this pic...

manta1.jpg

Oh how I wish I was still there..............:(

Hi David ..... haven’t seen you around in a while !!!!!

I'm not sure which one you are comparing the picture to but to tell you the truth I don’t remember seeing that Manta. The markings on the bottom are much different than a few pictures I posted in U/W Photography some time ago.

Here is a blown up shot of the manta under my name ..... The pattern on the underside is much different.

The manta in your link has a very predominate marking on the left side, another large marking on the right and looks like there are several spots through the gill area (thats a tough angle to tell from ). I don’t recall seeing this one while we were there.....Looks like a new discovery...... Unless Bacchus has a picture of her!!

Oh how I wish I was still there..............
I agree .....time to go back !!!!!

Ah! My mistake.

Now what have I been drinking this week? I could have sworn they looked the same before, but you are clearly right.

I'm such an idiot, I must have dreamt ever comparing the shots properly.

Is Thierry still on the board? It would be nice to put a name to the belly as it were...

that's my manta!

Hi guys! How's it hanging?

I've been more of a lurker recently, as I have been busy getting ready for the highlight of my calendar, a dive show. Ahhhhhh! :bonk:

David, are you coming along, or have you got something infinitely more interesting to do that weekend?!

I am also in the process of dealing with perhaps the most stupid people have dealt with in quite some time, they being the reservations department of the Sheraton Hotel at LAX airport. A simple fax of 2 weeks ago has still not illicited a response from the dimwits, and every time I phone I never seem to be able to talk to the person I want to..... Blimey, you would have thought a simple request for some rooms and a rate would be easy, but quite clearly not!!! :)

Scott, me hearty, how are you and Firstmate, ahaarrrrrrrr? How's the new job? Dispensing any exciting drugs? (Gimme gimme!) Been sailing recently?

Well, I better try the twerps at the Sheraton on the phone again!

Speak to you all soon.

Hasta la reservations
Jim

Jim,

Sad to say that when snow is in the air (or leastways its cold!) the dive gear is packed away, and the skiwear comes out...

When is the show? If its in London I'll try and get a long.

I seem to recall promising to send you some above water pictures of Manihi? Sorry I totally failled on that one. Do you still need any?

The show's at Excel, you know, that new place in the Docklands. It's crap! It's on 1 & 2 March.

A couple of shots of Manihi would be most appreciated, thanks very much indeedy.

I'm outta here now!

Speak to you soon.

regards
Jim

It's really my Manta! Well maybe not. Here is the only female we saw in Manihi. perdita

This one is Perdita....she had 4 very amorous males chasing her that day.

Steve

BTW....Jim and David...good to see you guys back. Jim, I need to send you a deposit for the Galapagos trip. Will call you next week.

David D once bubbled...
Ah! My mistake.

Now what have I been drinking this week? I could have sworn they looked the same before, but you are clearly right.

I'm such an idiot, I must have dreamt ever comparing the shots properly.

Is Thierry still on the board? It would be nice to put a name to the belly as it were...

Well …. we will let it slide this time :D ....... Thierry ....haven’t seen him in quite some time ...... If you have a few pictures copy them to disc and send them to Thierry .... then he finds the ones not named and prints them out for the manta wall....

Scuba Jim.... was beginning to wonder if you went AWOL and grabbed the pink tutu and moved to the Eden Beach :wacko: you know you would be a big star !!!!!

Have you got the site updated with Tahiti pictures yet ???? well I guess I can check on my own ....only sailing we've been doing is to boat shows.......at this point I need an Ice Boat !!!!! If fact heading up to BAAAAAHHHHHSTON......this weekend to see some friends and goto the boat show up there.....that is if it doesn’t snow again.....
So did the First Mate and yours truly make the slide show ???? you know the picture from The White Valley ???? I need an autographed copy of that one for our wall ????? What’s it going to cost me ???? :)

Hmmm So when is the reunion trip to French Polynesia ???? I dont think the fishies could handle the four of us chasing them with strobes !!!!!!!! :eek:ut: :eek:ut: That could be real interesting !!!!

apologise profusely to all on this thread for my tardiness in getting back to ya'll. I have a dive show to prepare for and I have been doing too much lurking in the shadows for my own good.

However, you'll all be pleased to know that the reservations at the Sheraton at LAX are done. it's only taken 3 weeks, but hey, better late than never!

So, do we want a Tahiti reunion in 2004? Whatcher think? Shall we do it? Go on, you know you want to....

Toodle-oo for now
Jim

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom