3/27 weigh in

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

NancyLynn

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
Another week, another pound.

Agonizingly slow for the last 9 lbs...

Starting weight: 175
Current weight: 134
Loss to date: 41 lbs

Nine more to go!

Just got a new scale that will keep me on track once I reach my goal. The old scale is very internally consistent, but may not quite match external standards. The new one appears to be consistently 2.5 lbs higher than the one I've been using. I guess I'll continue tracking with the old scale until I hit the goal I set on the old scale and then decide whether to go another 2.5 lbs - or just live with being 127.5 rather than 125 - since I was heading for staying between 125 and 130 it wouldn't necessarily be a bad thing.

How's everyone else doing?

I am down another 1.2 pounds this week, although I've been bouncing all over the place most of the week. I thought I had gained, but this morning was less. Who knows. Next week I am on vacation and am hoping to continue being good, diving, etc. I am just worried about making good food choices.

I sneezed last Friday, and have had a pinch in my back since then... I haven't been able to work out this entire week...

0 gain, 0 loss for this week.

I got one of those "IcyHot" heat braces (uses two disposable heat pads for 8 hrs of heat), so I was able to work. I've been using sport creme, the "IcyHot" and I bought a back brace with lumbar support. Today, it is just a slight nag... If it stays the same tomorrow, I am back to a light workout...

Nancy, the fact that you've gone this far and are still working at it is tribute to your will power to get the job done!

Sarita, the choices are yours to make :wink:

I sneezed last Friday, and have had a pinch in my back since then.

Ouch - you and me both. I have an old (20+ years) back injury. Most of the time it behaves itself, but something twisted just right to pinch a nerve this week. Heat and muscle relaxers seem to be doing the trick - hope yours is gone soon!

Next week I am on vacation and am hoping to continue being good, diving, etc. I am just worried about making good food choices.

You may find out it isn't as hard as you're expecting. Sunday with the family was a splurge day - I found I didn't eat that much more than I've been eating because it just didn't seem worth wasting the calories on something that wasn't really all that good.

I had a similar experience in Cozumel in February. The AI food just wasn't all that tempting. I did eat more than I had been, but not that much more.

Ouch - you and me both. I have an old (20+ years) back injury. Most of the time it behaves itself, but something twisted just right to pinch a nerve this week. Heat and muscle relaxers seem to be doing the trick - hope yours is gone soon!
Actually... I was "speared" as a freshman in highschool... (helmet to the lower spine of the lower back)... That left me with a "tender" spot for the rest of my life (+ seven days in traction to refill the spinal disk...). I've been good in the past, and overcome asthma from youth... only to be plagued by this one ofliction.... I will overcome it though....

Actually... I was "speared" as a freshman in highschool... (helmet to the lower spine of the lower back)... That left me with a "tender" spot for the rest of my life (+ seven days in traction to refill the spinal disk...)

Mine was a high school sports injury too . . . of sorts. Not my high school, but one I taught at. Not on the field, but the result of an out of control crowd at a pep rally when the administration refused to release the rally when the dismissal bell rang. Pig pile on the bleachers, with me at the bottom.

It's amazing how long the after effects of back injuries can hang on.

After 2 weeks of traveling for work, multiple Easter dinners etc, I am very happy to only be up 2 pounds. Hopefully I will get rid of that through the weekend.

I don't even really know. I haven't been keeping track that great. I had lost 2 lbs from Monday but seemed to have gained them back even though I thought I was doing pretty good with my eating. I hadn't been writing things down and that can be problematic because I do forget what I've eaten. :D Also, I've been real lazy about going to the gym. I've had little physical problems and errands to get done after work so I've used those as a convenient excuse. :rofl3:

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom