Welch-Allyn Solarc HID

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

chewslife2

Reaction score
# of dives
25 - 49
I've been researching HID cannister lights and reading all the threads I can find on them to help me decide which light and which manufacturer will get me the best possible light for my requirements. Looking on the Dive Rite express site at the 10w MR-11 they state the new Welch-Allyn Solarc bulb and the Sunspot reflector add improved shock resistance over the previosly used integrated 6 degree reflector. This brings several questions to mind for me.
1. is the solarc bulb an improved more shock resistant bulb:confused:
2. is the isolated Sunspot reflector the reason for improved shock resistance:confused:
3. what is the new angle of the beam with the Sunspot reflector:confused:
4. does the 10w focusable HID have the same improved shock resistance:confused:
5. what is the angle the focusable HID will adjust from and to:confused:
6. how well does the Welch-Allyn Solarc compare as far as shock resistant capabilities to the brightstar bulbs used by some of your competitors:confused:

thx
Robert

Hi Robert,

Thanks for the inquiry. I've written the answers within your post below. Hope this helps.

Let me know if you have additional questions.
Best,
Kathleen

I've been researching HID cannister lights and reading all the threads I can find on them to help me decide which light and which manufacturer will get me the best possible light for my requirements. Looking on the Dive Rite express site at the 10w MR-11 they state the new Welch-Allyn Solarc bulb and the Sunspot reflector add improved shock resistance over the previosly used integrated 6 degree reflector. This brings several questions to mind for me.

1. is the solarc bulb an improved more shock resistant bulb: YES, THAT IS CORRECT.

2. is the isolated Sunspot reflector the reason for improved shock resistance: NO, ACTUALLY IT IS THE DESIGN THAT CREATES IMPROVED SHOCK RESISTANCE

3. what is the new angle of the beam with the Sunspot reflector: 4 DEGREES

4. does the 10w focusable HID have the same improved shock resistance: THIS IS DIFFERENT DESIGN/TECHNOLOGY SO THERE IS NOT REALLY A COMPARISON. HAVE LITTLE ISSUE WITH H10 LIGHTS.

5. what is the angle the focusable HID will adjust from and to: GOOD QUESTION! I ASKED OUR ENGINEERS AND WE HAVE NEVER MEASURED IT.

6. how well does the Welch-Allyn Solarc compare as far as shock resistant capabilities to the brightstar bulbs used by some of your competitors: THE BRIGHTSTAR IS MADE IN CHINA AND IS A COPY OF THE WELCH-ALLYN 10W BULB. WE USED THE BSTAR BULB AT ONE TIME AND DISCONTINUED IT IN FAVOR OF THE W.A. BULBS

thx
Robert

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom