Ivans Reef 3/29

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

algulfdiver

Contributor
Scuba Instructor
Reaction score
We (GGD) have 2 spots for Sat 3/29 on Ivans Reef and
one spot for Sun. 30th (Divers Choice)

Call us to grab one or both of these spots.

Capt Gary, DM John, Mike/Vickie/Brenda/Chris from Bloomington, MN and I made the trip today to Ivan's Reef and the 50-50 Tug - I believe that's what Gary called it.
Wind was down, no whitecaps, swells were slow rollers at maybe 2-3 ft. Low clouds and fog stayed on us the whole time, air temps maybe 68-70 deg, water temp at the surface 68 deg, 64 deg at 75 ft according to my Gekko.
Ivan's Reef area vis was around 20 ft. No current but we stayed pretty close to the upline. Lots of snapper from 40 ft on down. John saw a big grouper. MN divers thought the vis was fine and the water practically tropical - I guess after 38 deg Great Lakes it is. We did 28 mins at 73 ft max.
On the 50-50 tug, John tied us in, and came up saying he wished he had a speargun. Snapper and amberjack everywhere, practically mobbing us. This is a compact site, good vertical structure, easy to swim around a few times. Vis maybe 25-30 ft. We got a little cold and called it at 21 mins, max 83 ft.
Thanks again Gary and John for a good day diving!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom