Clark Hill, Lake thurmond Saturday 3/29

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Wish I could make it. Ya'll have fun for me.

Andy

I'm sitting here in Myrtle Beach with 6 other divers from Atlanta. We've gotton blown out of our wreck dives today and tomorrow. But we have a truck full of Nitrox that just HAS to be used before it gets stale :) We are planning on 1 or two tanks at the Dam tomorrow on the way home. We expect to be there around 2pm. Any chance you or any other local divers could join us?

I'll check back here later today.

Sure, we can bump our dive time back a bit to 2p. We had a nice dive today in spite of the lowered vis from the wind and rain earlier in the week. Vis was only 6-7' today. Water temps have warmed to 53 degrees :crafty: We dove down to the three big rocks (saw a bass swallow a smaller fish whole here). We then dropped down to the 80' wall, and on down to the 100' wall, back to the 55' wall to where the bouy was (high winds broke the rope - bouy is on shore). The concrete anchor and rope is on the bottom, but it is repairable. We then swam through the trench, to the 40' wall and up to an extended safety stop. I tossed a large stump into Dave's path when his attention was diverted. We play scuba as a contact sport sometimes to liven up the safety stops:D. (in low vis one must find some sort of amusement:shakehead:) Yeah Dave, I know payback is going to be heck. Anyway, we dove to 95' for a dive time of 62 minutes. A nice day.

Into my path, attention diverted. You mean at my head, nailed the mask dead center flooding it while I was taking in the slack on the reel! Yeah, well paback is going to be heck. Since I am due for knee surgery this week, next week at the latest:handball:, I have 6-8 weeks to plan and recurit. :redbite: It was a fantastic dive none the less. I will not be able to join the gang tomorrow, but will try to get down there before you hit the water.
:monkedan

Into my path, attention diverted. You mean at my head, nailed the mask dead center flooding it while I was taking in the slack on the reel! Yeah, well paback is going to be heck. Since I am due for knee surgery this week, next week at the latest:handball:, I have 6-8 weeks to plan and recurit. :redbite: It was a fantastic dive none the less. I will not be able to join the gang tomorrow, but will try to get down there before you hit the water.

Hey there, I followed you here from a message you posted to me a while back about diving near Augusta, and I found you :) Sounds like a good dive!

You guys going to be diving next weekend? Hopefully the customs people will have let my dive kit into the country by then, at which point it will need getting wet ASAP!.

Into my path, attention diverted. You mean at my head, nailed the mask dead center flooding it while I was taking in the slack on the reel! Yeah, well paback is going to be heck. Since I am due for knee surgery this week, next week at the latest:handball:, I have 6-8 weeks to plan and recurit. :redbite:

I'd better take out that restraining order:shakehead:

OK, today (Sunday) is a gloomy, 45 degree overcast day - what to do? Soooo, nine of us went diving in 53 degree water with low vis for an hour or so. Sounds about right. Yes, it is a sickness, but at least we are in good company:shakehead:. Six of the Atlanta/Doraville folks joined us to play in our mud hole (vis today was only 6' max, 2-3' at times). Geez, rain and wind this week played heck with our diving. I will say this, those Lake Lanier folks know how to do low vis diving! Most of us stayed together for our dive to 80' for 1:04 dive time. Our strategy for such a large group was to place a flag on the plane ('case anyone got lost) at the start. From there we dropped down to the missle at 72' today. Then we continued over to the 80' wall, up to the 63' wall (53' today), the trench, angel statue and south along the 40 ' ledge (30' today). Big bass (mega big) at the rock with the horse head skull and another just before the budda statue. Then it was past the pool filters, 3 big rocks (lots of fish here) and onward back to the plane. From there it was along the bouyancy course to the ski boat, then a safety stop along the rocks. OK, I could have spent today watching TV lounging on the couch. But life is more than that, even if it is only 6' vis, 53 water...

Hey, flight lead, glad y'all could join us!

Hope all is well with you. Hoping for better vis soon!!!

Everything is good around here. Went on a group ride today on the cycle. Lil cold, lot's of cloud's but it didn't rain so that was good. Is the family thing getting any better or still same same?

Back
Top Bottom