New Steel 95 for trade :)

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Divergirl4U

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
I have a steel 95 new tank, I got it in December and I have had it in the water 6 or 7 times. I do a lot of beach diving and this thing is way too heavy for me. I would like to trade for 2 aluminum 80’s in good condition and must have current certification (prefer Nitrox).
My steel tank is:
White w/ black boot
95 (it says BS 95 on the side)
Nitrox certified & Visual December 07

Product Features:

Tank Boot & Valve Included

DIAMETER: 8.0 inches

LENGTH: 23.8 inches

WEIGHT EMPTY: 37.2 lbs

BUOYANCY FULL: -5.37 lbs

BUOYANCY EMPTY: 1.69 lbs

Product Description:

The phosphatized internal coating of these scuba diving tanks is highly resistant to rust when properly maintained, and last longer than aluminum tanks.

Triple zinc coated white finish for durability

Product Includes:

LP95 Steel Tank - Tank Boot – Valve

LP Steel:

Heavier than aluminum tanks they require lower working pressures while providing a larger gas capacity. When diving with these tanks less weight is needed, making them perfect for divers that use dry suits. The most popular tank for Nitrox and cave diving, they have a strong following among technical divers everywhere. The average working pressure is 2400 psi.

FABER is the leading manufacturer of steel scuba tanks in the world and is the market leader in Europe where diving with steel cylinders is the norm. Faber's cylinders are manufactured from deep drawn Chromium Molybdenum steel plates to DOT and TC specifications. This process results in a light tank with the right buoyancy allowing the diver to reduce the amount of weight from their weight-belt. The interior of the cylinders are shot-blasted followed by their exclusive phosphatized coating which creates a perfectly cleaned internal surface, highly resistant to rust. The exterior of the cylinder is triple protected with zinc spraying, epoxy primer coat and polyurethane finish coat for durability.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/
https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom