Reg or Travel wing?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Mr Happy

Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
I could decide between, Travel wing or Reg wing?

I won't get into tech diving for another 2 years and want to know the difference or what you recommend.

Mostly warm water diving for now(carrib,Hawaii), single tank (80), with wetsuit, good with traveling.

Travel wing I assumed? My dive shop did not mention this to me maybe because all the they have is Rec wing on display.

Regards.

the rec wing would be very large for single tanks,I just got one to use on a small set of doubles. scubatoys has a deal going for a single tank setup,alum plate,wing,harness,ect for 300 dollars,you probably wont find a better deal anywhere.

the rec wing would be very large for single tanks,I just got one to use on a small set of doubles. scubatoys has a deal going for a single tank setup,alum plate,wing,harness,ect for 300 dollars,you probably wont find a better deal anywhere.

Great price, I must check out and thanks for the info.. It looks like Venture wing would fit my style after searching thru past posts.. This shop charges 700 for a loaded Transpac.

The Venture is still a 45lb. wing. If you're doing mainly warm water diving, with a wetsuit and al80, 45lb. is alot of lift.
The Travel wing, at 30lb. would be a better choice... (IMHO)

Hi there,

If your primary dive gear set-up is an aluminum 80 tank, with a wetsuit and warm water diving, then you cannot go wrong with the Travel Wing. It is a small, compact wing that is great for travel and more than enough lift for most recreational diving.

If you plan to dive steel tanks or a steel backplate, moving to the Venture Wing is a wise choice. If you plan to dive double tanks, you'll want to look at a wing designed for doubles.

Check out more information on wing selection on Solution Finder at: SCUBA Diving Equipment for Technical, Wreck and Cave Diving: Dive Rite, Inc - Solution Finder

Best!
Kathleen

I started out using a recwing for both doubles and singles (bought it for doubles), in the end I got a travel wing for my single-setup and removed the "cords" from the recwing for the doubles...

If I were you I´d start out with a travel-wing (or equivalent) and buy a doubles-wing when you need one...

Thank you very much for the input.. I will look for a Travel wing at this time.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom