The Youngest Diver in Montgomery Redux

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Tom Smedley

Tommy
ScubaBoard Supporter
Scuba Instructor
Reaction score
# of dives
Back in 1997 - Uncle Ricky Murchison's daughter Sasha claimed the title of youngest diver in Montgomery. So far no one has disputed her claim. I just happen to have a picture of Sasha back in 1997 on her first trip to Bonaire in which she was able to dive and enjoy the magnificence of the island.

2298831WSasha001.jpg

On that same trip Sasha and I climbed the steps to the aloe oven at Karpata and refused to tell anyone what was inside. It still is our secret as to what is in the depths of that oven.

Soon after that picture was taken the aliens abducted Sasha and replaced her with a teenager. For many years Ricky and Kat didn't know where their sweet daughter might be. Their only clue was the teenager - what a cruel trick the aliens play.

But they brought her back. Replaced the teenager with an elegant and lovely young lady. Sasha returned to Bonaire just last week, however, she can claim the title of most alluring diver but has lost claim to the youngest. Those things happen when you are in the possession of aliens.

Here is Rick's two daughters - Cary on the left and Sasha on the right. They both must have gotten their looks from their mother. That's all I can figure.

2298832Wsasha002.jpg

No sooner did she give it up than Cary's daughter, Sasha's neice, and Ricky's granddaughter claimed the Youngest Diver in Montgomery. So far she hasn't been disputed. Bet you didn't know that Ricky was only a grandfather. You would think it would be at least a great grandfather.

But today - Uncle Ricky Murchison presented his granddaughter Madison with her SSI Junior Open Water Diver card. What a grand occasion - Ricky even wore a tie!!

2298834WMadison001.jpg

Ricky lives in the house with his lovely bride Kat, two daughters, a granddaughter and two female dogs. No wonder his beard shows a little lightening of colors.

Everyone join in and congratulate Madison for a job well done!!!!!!!!!

Madison was a little fish, an example to the rest of the students in her class.
Yeah, I'm a proud Grandpa :D
Rick

Rick, Please send my congratulations to Madison!

Rick, Please send my congratulations to Madison!
Thank you... I will do that.
Rick

Congratulations, Madison.....and Uncle Ricky! :clapping:

Conratulations to Madison and the "old guy's" clan.

Diving is a great family sport. All of our five children are certified. The youngest now 12, certified at age 10 in Utila with a fantastic Japanese woman instructor. Mari, we still think about you.

Good Diving,

Dave

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom