Aeris Atmos XT w/ Aeris Air Link Question?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

KGNickl

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
0 - 24
I have an Aeris Atmos XT w/ the standard inflator and hose. I bought a Air Link (just the bottom part) and installed it. I noticed in a shop that the full package has a longer hose w/ a ball in the middle.

My question is what everyone thinks as far as if its worth getting the longer hose? How many people have an Aeris BC w/ the standard hose and have an airlink installed (no extended inflator hose)? So far I have taken it on a few dives and head movement is the only limitation. Left movement is good, down movement is good, upper movement is limited only if the velco strap is not unhooked, and right movement is always limited. Considering buying an extended hose and just wonder if its even worth it (or just wait 1-2 years till I need to replace the hose and do it then). I've used my alternate for about 5-10 minutes on a recent dive just to see how it works. Was not comfortable to use, but it would have done the job in an ascent. I want to hear opinions on this. Thanks!

I can't believe I get to say this... the length of the hose really doesn't matter - as long as you've got reasonable movement. They key benefit is the ball in the middle - it's attached to the dump valve, allowing you to pull and dump air as you ascend without removing the Air XS from you mouth to deflate as you would normally, when it's not in use.

Back
Top Bottom