My new hog harness

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

fishi

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
I'm a Fish!
is digging in to my armpits. It's very uncomfortable. Dose this go away under water?

Sounds as if your waist strap is pulling your shoulder straps too tighly.

Put a keeper (tri-glide) on the back side of your back plate where the strap goes through the bottom of the plate.

This will allow you to adjust your shoulder straps for a little more comfortable fit and will help prevent them from tightening when you buckle your waist strap.

Additionally, if you have your straps crossed behind your neck, try uncrossing them.

the K

If you can get some pictures of you in your rig, we can help you more.

If you're a small person, and you have the straps routed the usual way (strap from left-hand top slot going to left-hand bottom slot, the straps may eat into the inside of your upper arm just below the armpit. Crossing the straps (right hand top slot to left hand bottom slot) will help with this, as it keeps the straps more "inboard" on your shoulders. I also have a slightly softer webbing on one of my plates, which I really prefer.

it's not to tight. I used the DIR-diver.com page to rig it so that was done the way they want it. looks just like the guy's in the pictures looks but he is making funny faces like his is uncomfortably to.
It's just that the 2'' webbing is so ridged when I put my arm's the way I dive (both hands down by my belt buckle) theres no give to the webbing and it digs in a Little. maybe it will loosen up once I brake it in. the seat belt of my truck was like that when it was new its fine now. Thanks for the help.

Just an FYI You would need to adjust the harness to the exposure suit you will be using. If by any chance you do simply dive with a t-shirt or nada thing on your torso it would be a little uncomfy until you hit the water.

The webbing is stiff, if it does get un comfy you may want to switch to a softer webbing. But chances are, your harness is not adjusted properly. It may need to be a little looser which may mean an inch or less.

Just an FYI You would need to adjust the harness to the exposure suit you will be using. If by any chance you do simply dive with a t-shirt or nada thing on your torso it would be a little uncomfy until you hit the water.

The webbing is stiff, if it does get un comfy you may want to switch to a softer webbing. But chances are, your harness is not adjusted properly. It may need to be a little looser which may mean an inch or less.

No if I loosen it or tighten it the webbing still gos under my arm and feels the same.

If it's adjusted properly, when you get in the water, especially horizontal in the water, it should be very comfortable...almost like it's not there. When I first got mine, I thought it was adjusted correctly, but when I loosened it more it was just right.

It all sounds too familiar.

What kind of harness/backplate do you have? There are a few different sizes-lengths. One size does not fit all.

Get in the water....that is where it will tell you if it is fitted right.

best thing is to take a pic with it on. Chances are it is not quite fitted yet. But again I cannot really comment unless I have seen it...so put the suit on and harness get some one to take images and post them.

Sometimes crossing the webbing behind the neck may work

No if I loosen it or tighten it the webbing still gos under my arm and feels the same.

Ill work on getting some pics. Not quite sure how to post them.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom