Anchor

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

SwimJim

Contributor
Reaction score
Hey Uncle Pug, did you ever raise that big ole anchor you found? Any photo's? Just curious.

Jim:confused:

wondering the same thing. Kind of been watching for an update, but hadn't seen it either.

There is a little problem right now (or solution depending upon how you look at it) sitting near the anchor... a large barge crane doing repair work with a pile driver.

Seems I remember it was there a year or so ago too.

Now I am certain that they could raise the anchor with their crane (if we hooked it up for them) seeing as how one of their positioning anchors is of similar size... about 6' across the end.

I think I have figured out where the loose anchor at 150' came from.

Perhaps I'll mosey on over and ask them if they would like it back. :D

Or not.

Its been a few months.

Spring came and went - giving way to a hetic summer.

Summer has come and is about gone - no doubt giving way to a hetic fall.

And still it sits? What's the latest?

K

PS: Foss Tug Green? :(

But funny thing Ken... I was just asked about this yesterday by a
Bwerb... you'll meet him at the retreat.

As for the Anchor... I expect Shane and I will get backtoit sometime this fall.... or not.

About the paint.... it was on sale.

There is one local dive spot that gets heavy traffic, I have, no kidding, never been on a dive there that I did not find an anchor. (No huge ones, though. One 5' danforth.) I guess I should start bringing 'em up.

Cool, I'll do a recovery dive or two, this week. It will look silly in my apartment, though.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom