What BCD would you recommend?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Zeagle also has a limited lifetime warranty, which is the BC that I am quite fond of. This is one of those questions where your going to get many different answers, and it all will depend on the persons favorite. I started out with Zeagle, and now live by them. They have a wide assortment of BC's depending on your dive style and where you like to dive most at. I have been very happy with my Stiletto and Escape and am now in the process of buying a Ranger. I look for dependability and a company that stands by it's product.

You might want to ask "What do you look for in a BC?", this might give you better information on which one to decide on.

Hope this helps,

Gary

There are a LOT of Zeagle fans on this board. Including myself. Their customer support is simply outstanding. They deserve the terrific reputation they have.

-Charles

Zeagle Ranger LTD. all the way.

Nothing wrong with ScubaPro or Zeagle... Personally I'd lean towards ScubaPro as I prefer the ScubaPro tank band strap to all other tank band straps. I also think ScubaPro makes a great power inflator and find the weight pockets work really well. Never lost mine yet they are really easy to remove.

Positive for the Zeagle is that they are fairly interchangeable.

I've dived plenty of different branded bc's and they all work the same. You add air with the power inflator and you let air out with any of the dump valves. Some brands like ScubaPro & Zeagle have great warranties. Don't get caught up in brands, everyone is going to have a different opinion.

Find one that fits into your budget, has the warranty you want, the features you want and most importantly fits you correctly.

The Scubapro Classic has the greatest lift,i like the air2 inflator.
The tank strap is what i liked the best,Easy on Easy off,simple and secure.
i have the Glide plus but if i had to do it again i would go with the Classic.
I dont know that it is worth the money to you but it was for me.
The seaquest pro line is just as good but about the same price

Someone has to chime in and say that you should not waste your money on a BCD and get a BPW.

So...don't waste your money on a BCD and just get a BPW.

Thanks for the opportunity. :eyebrow:

Lifetime warranty on a B/C is rather meaningless since they only last about 3 to 5 years anyway.

For anyone coming into scuba new, the normal progression is (1) jacket B/C, (2) back-inflation B/C, then finally (3) backplate-wing.

For jacket B/Cs, I recommend ScubaPro.

For back-inflation, I recommend Zeagle.

For BPW, I recommend Deep Sea Supply &/or Oxycheq.

The classical question always comes up regarding jumping ahead, either directly to the BPW, or else to back-inflation, and skipping the jacket stage. There are numerous answers to this issue, because (1) it all depends on the new diver, and (2) it also depends on the instructor.

The Scubapro Classic has the greatest lift

Who cares? I'd much rather have a BC with the RIGHT amount of lift and not the most. The first BC I purchased was a Dacor Rig 2, single tank setup with 75 pounds of lift. Worst purchase I made for scuba.

Jim

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom