Lincoln City, Oregon....Do people dive there?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

mudguppy

Reaction score
We may take a trip out to Lincoln City in July and are wondering if there is such a thing as diving around those parts. We will be right in Neskowin in a rental house on the beach.
If anyone knows anything about the diving there, drop a line...would love to find out:)

Thanks Much!
MG

I have a friend that dives in and around Newport, which isn't far from Lincoln City, about 30 miles I believe. He dives mostly in the bay, so it is protected from ocean. However, he has told me of times he has dived on the ocean side of the jetty. Seemed kind of dangerous to me. There can be a pretty heavy surf. I do know he was with a group using a small rubber raft, so it wasn't a shore dive. I know there are some local dive shops, at least in Newport.

If you are interested in shore diving, ScubaNW has some good descriptions. From Lincoln City, the Newport shore sites would be a good bet. Additionally, there is a dive shop located very near most of the Newport dives. Newport is about a 45 minute drive.

If you want to get off shore, Doug's Diving in Garibaldi is a good bet. They make regular trips to what are arguably some of best off-shore sites in the state. I understand, though I have not personally done them, that there are some worthwhile shore dives in Garibaldi as well. It would be about an hour and a half drive to get there.

Have fun. You might even half half a chance at decent weather in July.

It's a family thing that we are going to and when I brought up diving, they being non-divers....of course thought that was a ridiculous thought that there would be diving in the OCEAN! :rolleyes:
Good to hear there are some possibilities in the area!
Thanks again for the info:)
MG

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom