Transpac/Rec Wing Leaves a feet down position

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

ucfdiver

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
I've found my transpac/recwing leaves me with my feet down more so than even a jacket BC. I was going to move the wing lower to provide less lift to my upper body, but you can't adjust it.

Do any of you zip tie extra weight on the top of the trans pack (behind your back cushion) to get some extra weight over your lungs and counter act this?

Dangling feet is often times an indication of too much weight on the hip, or even too much weight period. How much lead are you using, and what thickness is your exposure suit?
I had 2lbs attached to the top of the tank with a 3mil wet suit plus 2 reels and 3 lights, and 3lbs of drop weight at the start of the dive.

I had 2lbs attached to the top of the tank with a 3mil wet suit plus 2 reels and 3 lights, and 3lbs of drop weight at the start of the dive.

Well, it certainly seems that overweighting is not the issue. This is a change from your previous BCD? You might try keeping your knees bent at a more acute angle, drawing your feet closer to your but and shifting your center of gravity forward.

I added more weight and was able to stay perfectly horizontal without moving while at 10ft deep today, even better than when I had my jacket bc :). Thanks for your help guys.

Where did yo position the added weight?

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom