How to get to the Red Sea?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

scubadudee

Reaction score
Hi,

I am located in both Dubai and Qatar. Am looking around on the logistics to get to red sea for some diving.

In addition, wonder what is the best time and location to do the dive. I do not mind a LOB or resort based diving.

Was told that the channel region where red sea opens to the ocean is a good spot for action diving....heard the hammerheads are frequent visitors there...appreciate on the feedback and the logistics to get there.

Thank you:D

How to get to the Red Sea,best way is most likely by plane :D End of joke.:rofl3:

But the big question is where do you want to go :confused:
Mainland Egypt,sinai,Israel,Jordan?

And what do you want to see,Big fish,wracks,snails,corals in mint condition?

Big fish-deep south mainland Egypt
Wracks-Sinai/North mainland(most well known)
Best corals(imo)unspoiled)deepsouth Egypt.

Or maybe budget...Hurghada(mainland Egypt)35-40$ 2tank boatdive.
Dives are pretty good(dive op.depending)most hotels not so expensive.

Shore diving-South(mainland) or Dahab- sinai.

cheers,

HI all,

thank you for the feedback. I am more into action diving. Like to see the big stuffs. If it is located at South of Egypt, how should I transit? If the logistics is way to much and expensive, then may consider somewhere nearer. Can even do a LOB though.

Cheerios

Not sure about flights from Dubai and Qatar to Egypt,but you can fly in to Cairo,Hurghada and Marsa Alam.
Cairo and Hurghada will need a plane/bus transfer to Marsa Alam,where you can(pre)book a live aboard to the (deep) south.Or stay in M.A. and do some day trips.

Mind you,Egypt is a very easy country to travel,what ever you want they (can) make happen.Since you already live in the middle east,you are likely to know how to make it work.:D

hey, thanks for the info. Looks like I've got to fly to cairo then transfer. Now need to find out on the logistics to reach Marsa Alam .... any idea the best diving period and wet suit? 3 or 5 mm ?

Thank you

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom