Instructors

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Mikiko

Reaction score
I am a new PADI instructor and was asked to give a shop a price to take care of his scuba classes.. I was just wondering if I could get a few prices from some of the other Instructors out there.
Right now it will mostly be pool work and a bit of class as well. Like I said I'm new and need your help and suggestions.

Hoping you can help me because I don't want to ask too much and I don't want to be too cheap as well. :confused:

Thanks for your imput. :D

I would say $80.00 per student, with a minimum of 4 students to do an entire OWI class.

You need to make at least $300.00 per class to really end up making anything. Even then, you are probably making below minimum wage and will have to cover some expenses yourself. I've taught classes before in which I was in the red afterwards. Yes, the diving is free, but I still need to make some cash afterwards.

Look at it as something fun to do, not a money making opportunity. In terms of money, working at McDonalds is a better option. Teaching is fun though.

If I make enough to pay for my insurance and pay some of my diving expenses, I'm happy.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom