What wetsuit in Egypt in August?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

BenLou

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
50 - 99
Hi all,
Just wondering if any1 can advise on what wetsuit I'd need to bring on a liveaboard in August from Hurghada? Should I bring a 3mm full or a 3mm shorty or a 5mm shorty or full?? I dont wanta be cold:shakehead: but i dont wanta be overheating either and I haer it get pretty warm in August!! Thanks everyone. :D

I usually bring on August a 3mm shorty and a 1mm skin. At night or when windy I use both, other times I use either the shorty or skin. Having a full suit protects also from several things that can cause irritation, so in my opinion is better than a shorty- but not a must.

I don't think you'll need a full 5mm in August Perhaps a 5mm shorty is nice, 3mm would suffice.

It is also more fun without needing any weights to carry so a thin small suit is better :wink:

Depends on you,do you get cold easely,do you make long dives.
For me it would be fullsuit (for protection)and 5mm for the themp.(I get cold easy)
Water will be around 27C.

I am not someone who get cold easily underwater but when I dived the Southern Red Sea in August I wore a full 5mm suit - especially when doing 4 dives a day.

full 3mm should be okay for you bring on top you shorty - just in case.....:)

Have fun and come back to share with us

Cheers

So would I be better with a 3m shorty? Or do i need the full for protection? Like do there be many jellies around??

So would I be better with a 3m shorty? Or do i need the full for protection? Like do there be many jellies around??

Not many jellies around- most of them are harmless. Occasionally there is something stingy in the water, but you can be all right with a shorty too.

Just don't forget to have a good sun protection :wink:

Not many jellies around- most of them are harmless. Occasionally there is something stingy in the water, but you can be all right with a shorty too.

Just don't forget to have a good sun protection :wink:

I live in Sharm & dive several times during the day, last August the water in Sharm was 29oC for pretty much the whole month. Most of the people I work with were wearing shorts & rash vest just for protection from the BCD. I personally wear a 2mm 'modified' shorty & was plenty warm enough in the water. If you're going to be doing a lot of wreck dives then it might be advisable to wear the 3mm full suit just for protection, if you get too hot you can always unzip the suit or flush some water through to cool you down.

Back
Top Bottom