Orlando- Nitrox by the cu ft?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

ucfdiver

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
Anywhere sell nitrox by the cu ft? I'd like to get nitrox fills locally, but at $12 a tank.....:rofl3:

I wouldn't mind it if I used my tank down to 500psi, but I typically don't, and we're talking a price difference between $3-4 for topping it off, and $12 for a fill.

I know Extreme Exposure, Lloyd Baileys scuba, and Cave Excursions East do in the Alachua county area, which is where I dive a lot anyways.

Nope... you'll have to hit west to CE or south to FE to get a real dive shop... :)

You'd l think someone would see an opportunity...

not so much from gas sales, but from increase traffic

You'd l think someone would see an opportunity...

not so much from gas sales, but from increase traffic
Yeah. Castaway scuba from my understanding has been great to the UCF dive club, so I'll continue to get my air fills there because of that. Can't say they're going to lose my walk in business because of nitrox.

The only place were you will get a By the CF fill is if they have banked Nitrox.
Otherwise they have to empty the tank and fill it from sctatch

Hey Scuba Quest in Brandon is putting in a bank system this week for fills. So you mite want to check ith their Orlando store (if its still open) to see if they are getting the same set up. If they do maybe they will be able to.

why would they have to do that?

Assumption is they are mixing via PP...
a> they don't like doing math...
b> they don't have a booster capable of correcting the o2 levels

Hey Scuba Quest in Brandon is putting in a bank system this week for fills. So you mite want to check ith their Orlando store (if its still open) to see if they are getting the same set up. If they do maybe they will be able to.

Yes the Orlando Scuba Quest store by the Florida Mall is also getting a Nitrox stick system also. No date has been set yet, but it's been approved.

The only place were you will get a By the CF fill is if they have banked Nitrox.
Otherwise they have to empty the tank and fill it from sctatch

That is actually incorrect. Any shop that is geared toward tech diving would have plenty of ability and knowledge to blend whatever mix you need no matter what is in your tank. Tampa Adventure Sports blends any Nitrox mix AND charges by the cu.ft. I get my tanks filled there at least once a week and always get the blend I want depending on the profile I am going to dive. They don't actually even have banked Nitrox. (Although they might be getting it this week) Shops that are pretty much recreational in nature might not have the ability to blend, or might not want to deal with the calculations (that can be done pretty easily with V-Planner), but that doesn't mean that only shops with banked Nitrox would charge by the cu.ft.

The best bet is to find a shop that is geared more to technical divers to get Nitrox by the cu.ft.

https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom