Thistlegorm/padi ow

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

buleetu

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
50 - 99
hi all

i posted this question in the stickie, sorry

can an ow diver dive on the thistlegorm, not inside it of course but just around it, or are the currents or depth too much for a novice

NO you can't......

That being said, the wreck is at 30m+,have you ever been there(30+)?
can you prove it(logged dives of 30+)
If you can say YES,most likely you can find a dive op. that will take you,most won't.
It all depends on your number of dives,deep experiance.
Go do the AOW get some dives in and go have the dive.

Have fun,

Only after the AOW as it is around 30 M depth and as OW you are allowed to 20 M Nax.

are there any wrecks in the red sea i can do then??

around sinai of course

I think the depth is not the problem, the deck is in 20 mtr. and you dont have to go to the bottom. The big problem is the current, you can have no current or very strong current and they can change during the dive. So i think the certification is not the issue , its your experience. There are some wrecks shallower in the area, but on some of them you will have strong currents. Get some more dives 30+ and than go on a liveaboard for the wrecks and reef tour, than you can dive a few wrecks and the beautiful reefs.
Thomas

There are 4 wrecks on abu Nuhas, they are great I like them and the currents there are not strong. I think you should try them.

The currents at Abu Nuhas are not strong??? You were lucky!

I am not saying that there is no current there. I am saying that its not as strong as Thistlgorm. :wink:

I am not saying that there is no current there. I am saying that its not as strong as Thistlgorm. :wink:
Currents at Abu Nuhas could go strong so that the boat can't maneuver to drop divers and a RIB (and negative entry) are required.

Although some OW divers have the experience to do so, certainly that's not an OW level.

Back
Top Bottom