Tusa/Suunto computer

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

gfisher4792

Reaction score
Can anyone confirm that Tusa and Suunto use the same computers? I'm thinking of buying a Tusa IQ-600 (wrist), and am concerned with quality and the ability to download. I've read that the data is downloadable, but no specifics are given. Can you download a Tusa using Suunto equipment?

All in all, I'm looking for an air/nitrox computer, that is fairly affordable (sub $250, if possible). Any suggestions would be welcome. Thanks.

According to the IQ-600 manual, it is PC downloadable but Tusa does not currently sell the adapter. I wrote them a couple of months ago and they said that the computer was originally manufactured by Seiko (if I remember correctly) but they wanted more money than the computer actually cost. Tusa said that they were planning on releasing their own model sometime this year.

I also talked to a LDS and they said that they heard of people modifying the PC Module for a DiveRite NITEK to fit the terminals.

Hope this helps...

It seems to have a completely different screen layout and display different information to any of the Suuntos. I doubt they are related at all.

Can you get a Vyper within your budget? Their on-line price seems to go up and down all the time. It is a fine computer. The PC interface is way overpriced though.

i doubt you'll find any interface that will work with any computer other than its intented brand. I seriously doubt that there's any validity to the claim that tusa and suunto are the same. Go ahead and spend a little more money for a suunto, its worth it. You can always make your own interface also.

Back
Top Bottom