One less dive boat in Boynton Beach

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

deepstops

Blacklight Poster
ScubaBoard Sponsor
Reaction score
# of dives
I have it from a good source the dive boat Awesome Dives rolled over and sank while out on the reef today in Boynton. I was out with UWExplorer at the time and it was "sporty" to say the least.

I'm surprised it's not in the news yet but I'm sure it will be.

If this is true, that really blows!

It wasn't that rough today! 3-4 with an occasional 5 maybe

OMG well I hope nobody was hurt??

I never heard of this boat. Does anyone know what kind of boat it was and how big it was. I asume everyone got off safe since it wasn't in the news. Does anyone know who was on the boat.

Robert

It wasn't that rough today! 3-4 with an occasional 5 maybe

I'm often accused of understating the sea state and I'd say it was 3-5' with 6s' thrown in and steep as well early on in the morning. It was laying down to 2-4' when we headed in about noon.

I never heard of this boat. Does anyone know what kind of boat it was and how big it was. I asume everyone got off safe since it wasn't in the news. Does anyone know who was on the boat.

Robert

I believe Awesome Dives was a 28' six-pack. I tried to call them yesterday to confirm this firsthand and was getting voice mail without any rings (like a cell phone that's turned off or underwater) and this morning, it was ringing but the voice mail wasn't the business greeting I got yesterday.

As I understand it, their divers were in the water when she rolled. Probably just a big inconvenience for the divers who probably lost their car keys and wallets. Apparently the captain wasn't injured as well.

Soooooo WHen can we dive it??

As I understand it, their divers were in the water when she rolled. Probably just a big inconvenience for the divers who probably lost their car keys and wallets. Apparently the captain wasn't injured as well.

Oh that would majorly suck...... Makes me wanna leave everything in the truck from now on...

Or at least carry around at 42' stick.... "you must me this tall to be my charter boat..."

https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom