New BP/W member !!!

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

watchmanjc

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
Well I finnally did it. Today was the first time I used a back plate and wing. WOW, what a difference !!!

I Rented a Halcyon 40 Eclypse wing and put it on my steel back plate. I used a 119 steel tank (They were out of 100's), took 6 lbs off the belt and removed the 6 lbs that were used in tank trim pockets.

VERY stable, no shifting and now no going back to the stable jacket!!!

P.S. My thanks to all who have posted on the BP/W set up.

0405080705.jpg
0405081355.jpg
0405080705b.jpg

What kind of harness (brand name) is that and where can I find BP/W setup for single tanks?

Just about every BP/W can be adapted to use single tanks. Some need more adapting than others. All I need for my Dive Rite is a set of cam bands and I'm good to go.

And yet another joins the dark side.......enjoy

((and i still think that is one fantastic pic there almity!!))

Well I finnally did it. Today was the first time I used a back plate and wing. WOW, what a difference !!!

I Rented a Halcyon 40 Eclypse wing and put it on my steel back plate. I used a 119 steel tank (They were out of 100's), took 6 lbs off the belt and removed the 6 lbs that were used in tank trim pockets.

0405080705.jpg
0405081355.jpg
0405080705b.jpg

My initial reaction was the same as yours. After my first dive in my Eclipse, I couldn't believe the difference in bouyancy control. It took four dives to get the harness dialed in, after that, no worries. Congratulations, you have joined the dark side. :palmtree: Bob

My first dive with my BP/W setup showed me:

1. I need to bungie necklace my backup
2. I need to clip off my SPG
3. I need to tighten my shoulder straps a tiny bit
4. I can actually cut the two feet of extra harness webbing!
5. I need to create a bungie loop for my inflator, as I needed to hold it the whole time with it flapping around.
6. I need to learn to use the dump valve.

Can't wait for the second!

Sweet, congrats on the new rig.

I too just bought my first BP/W. I picked up an OMS Stainless backplate and the 45 lb wing. Ill be diving on singles (AL 80s and a Steel 120) for now but I plan to get my first set of doubles once I save the money for them. Will be diving it this weekend and I cant wait.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom