Trip to south texas

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Pillow

Contributor
Reaction score
I am going to be taking a trip to South Texas. Is spearing allowed in salt water.
Any recommendations on Dive Shops?
ANy recomendations on Freedive spearing? I only have small gun and pole spears that I use in Freshwater but wanted to try them in saltwater. Please suggest cautions also.

Spearfishing is allowed by the state and feds (keep in mind you may be in both jurisdictions so know the rules and limits for both). As a matter of fact we have to go offshore to spear, Texas doesn't allow spearing of freshwater game fish. The larger dive charters often don't allow spearing from their boat, though. You may have better luck finding a six-pack charter out of Port Aransas.

Give a pm if planing on diving corpus christi I can recomend out to sea adventures jetty hunting bad due to 0 vis will improve this summer as blue watter moves in.

I spent 6 years in Corpus Christi and speared many a big fish off shore, and can tell you that a small gun or sling thing won't cut it. You need tanks, a big gun and experienced captain to make it a good safe trip. I have the name of the best captain in the state and he sails out of Port Aransas every weekend if the seas are under 5'. It's as much fun and adventure as humanly possible.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom