Cleaning Atmos ai with quick disconnect

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

T23

Reaction score
I've just returned from my first dive trip with my new Atmos ai which was a total joy to use!

I set about cleaning all of my equipment today and can't seem to find anything in the user manual that tells me if I should soak and clean my regulator and computer disconnected as two separate pieces or to keep them together to soak as a single unit.

Seems to me I remember someone saying the computer portion wasn't supposed to be submerged disconnected or it would get flooded. Not having worked with a quick disconnect before I'm kind of stumped.

Does anyone know the answer on how to safely rinse and/or if the computer will be flooded if it gets submerged while disconnected?

Thanks!

DiveMaven,

Thank you for confirming it is ok to soak/clean the computer separately. I thought it might be a good idea to ask before maybe making a $700 mistake!

I came to this forum with the same question. Would an Aeris rep please chime in also?

Question for divemave and Aeris Rep. If you soak your computer while it is disconnected, then the high pressure hose is "open" at the end. Would there be a problem of water entering the high pressure hose, or is there some mechanism in place to prevent that?

I have been soaking it disconnected for 5+ yrs and have had no problem.

I've never had any problems soaking mine disconnected either.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom