Malapascua Trip (May 9-12)

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

pakman

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
Heading out to Malapascua with some local dive club members May 9-12 (diving 9th,10th, & 11th). Anyone interested in joining? We're flying into Cebu in the wee hours of Friday morning and heading straight to Malapascua.

No chance, unfortunately. I'll just have to wait for South Africa, this June *sigh*

woo, finally heading back to the PI for some diving. Gonna dive with Thresher Shark Divers this time instead of Exotic.Still debating on whether to bring the video or DSLR. :D

woo, finally heading back to the PI for some diving. Gonna dive with Thresher Shark Divers this time instead of Exotic.Still debating on whether to bring the video or DSLR. :D

Hey, I might see you there. I'll be there from May 7th thru 13th. I'll be staying at the Kuan Bar and diving with TSD. I haven't been diving since my trip last November due to two herniated disks in my back. The weather was pretty bad too because of the "super typhoon" then.

Jason, great to hear. Our group seems to be getting a bit bigger, 6+ as of now. I think we'll be staying at the Cococabana but we'll definitely be diving with TSD. We are arrive in Mactan 3am or so Friday and will beeline it to Malapascua so we can start diving when we get there (or so the plan is....). Diving on Sat and Sun as well and returning on Mon afternoon.As we got a good # of people in our group, I might email TSD about hiring out an entire bangka for ourselves and try some of the further sites.

Jason, great to hear. Our group seems to be getting a bit bigger, 6+ as of now. I think we'll be staying at the Cococabana but we'll definitely be diving with TSD. We are arrive in Mactan 3am or so Friday and will beeline it to Malapascua so we can start diving when we get there (or so the plan is....). Diving on Sat and Sun as well and returning on Mon afternoon.As we got a good # of people in our group, I might email TSD about hiring out an entire bangka for ourselves and try some of the further sites.

Ya, they haven't gone to Calangaman Island or Nunez Shoal when I've been there in a long time. Both very deep walls that are nice to see occationally. Course I will always dive Gato Island - never tire of the macro life there especially the nudibranchs.

Yeah I would love to do Nunez Shoal.Jason, PM your mobile or contact # while you're on Malapascua.

they haven't gone to Calangaman Island or Nunez Shoal when I've been there in a long time.

We did Calangaman with TSD at Holy Week, the only shower I took all week was on the trip back from Calangaman, when we got a bit of a thunderstorm pass by...you gotta take advantage of fresh water wherever you can find it.

Mike tell Trevor, Andrea, Mike, Gen, Sophia and Will that I said Hi! And make sure Trevor keeps his damned iPod out of The Pub Upstairs, he's got a very good song selection and it caused me to drink ridiculous amounts of booze...which made it all the more difficult to get up for the thresher shark dives.

We didn't see a lot of threshers, I personally only saw 1/2 of a thresher over 2 dives. Apparently a large one swam right behind me but I only saw the back 1/2 as it descended over the edge of Monad Shoal.

What was cool though was my friend Richard's 12 year old son Josh was certified in Nov and did his Jr. Adv OW with Mike at TSD, so Josh was able to go on a thresher shark dive with us and he got to see one, which really made his day. Mike did an excellent job with Josh.

Mike, I may be in Cebu City that weekend, so if for some reason you wind up with time on your hands in CC give me a shout.

Drew

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom