Free Dives in exchange for clean-up

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Speargirl

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
I'm a Fish!
Memorail Day Weekend May 23 - May 25th

My campground and saltwater lake/quarry needs divers + land people. It's 71/2 - 8 acers of salt water with temps on the bottom at 79/80 degrees right now.
2 hrs of sweat equity for free dives. I need people in the water and on the grounds. Both will include free diving. I will provide the tanks or you can bring your own but I have no way to fill your tanks when they are out. No nitrox sorry just air. I will rent tanks for whoever needs them.
Top side support is helping pick up the grounds and planting flowers maybe a little painting of the tanks to make them pretty.

Most of the quarry is still new to me as in I have no idea what the heck is all down there. I do know that I have seen rope,nets (small), bottles,tools,pvc pipe. Only the good lord above knows whats all down there.

I really need you guys to help me. I have never done anything like this so I don't want to be 60' down by myself and something go wrong.:(:shakehead:
If this is something you would like to do please let me know.
I can use all the help I can get.:D

I have showers you can use to clean up and outside bathrooms you can use.
I will also have the snack shack open.
Thanks
Becky

Heck, if I would've known you needed some help I would've done it this past week when we were there. We couldn't dive anywhere else with the wind the way it was so we would've been glad to help out. Have the winds died down any yet? Maybe I'll shoot back down there for a weekend..

Heck, if I would've known you needed some help I would've done it this past week when we were there. We couldn't dive anywhere else with the wind the way it was so we would've been glad to help out. Have the winds died down any yet? Maybe I'll shoot back down there for a weekend..

The winds have been up for the past few days but today is great it seems but of course I am only looking out at the water not in it.
"You never have to worry about the saltwater lake being blown out it's a 100% safe bet you can dive it."

I hope you can come down and help that would be such a great help to me.
Thanks
Becky

We tried to go out on Wednesday when noaa showed 1-2ft inside. HAA!!! They must have taken that reading INSIDE THE MANGROVES!!! When I hit the end of the south channel it was 3 ft'ers and only got worse from there.

I'll talk to some of the guys and see if we can shoot down there and help ya out, I'll let you know soon.

Lets call it on Memorial Day weekend it's a long weekend for most.
Friday May 23rd - Sunday May 25 that way everyone has Monday off and have plenty enough time to go home and relax.
Please let me know how many tanks you will need for the weekend. We can dive it from sun up to dusk. You may do night dives for fun only. You must have a buddy for night dives.

Everyone is welcome to come and join in the fun:D Well I don't know how much fun cleaning up is but at least you get to play with the cobia while you clean or should I say they will play with you :rofl3:
Becky

I think I can manage some time during Sinko de Mayo. I'll bring my lift bags! Anybody else gonna join in?

Hey, Becky!

PM me with the details... Either, I couldn't understand it from the posts, OR... I am just too dense at this time to understand what is really being asked... I'm happy to help...

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/
https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom