Looking for dive shops in Miami and/or Key West

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Reaction score
# of dives
0 - 24
Hello you all,

I will be in Miami the 25th of April and i'm searching for good diveshops to buy some stuff.
I believe its cheaper over there in the States then over here in Europe.
I'll be waiting for your advice and help. If its against the board rules, you can send me a pm.
Best regards,
DC

Hello you all,

I will be in Miami the 25th of April and i'm searching for good diveshops to buy some stuff.
I believe its cheaper over there in the States then over here in Europe.
I'll be waiting for your advice and help. If its against the board rules, you can send me a pm.
Best regards,
DC
Depends what you are looking for, and what is on sale when you are there. Divers Direct had an Oceanic Veo180 console with pressure gauge for $200 when I was there in March. Like any sale, it's hit or miss, but Diver's Direct has a huge showroom for mostly rec oriented stuff, Conch Republic and Silent World have some more tech oriented stuff, backplates and the like. We must have driven by 30 or 40 dive shops on Key Largo alone, so there are certainly many chances to shop around.

A ScubaBoard Staff Message...

Moved to Trips and Local Marketplace.

Divers Supply has a discount store in Florida City on US1 just before you hit the Keys, and the ScubaQuest stores have a discount outlet (Scuba Outlet) also on the US1 at the north end of Key Largo. Selection may be a bit limited, but the prices are generally pretty good.

If you're looking to travel no further north than Miami, you might want to consider Austin's Dive Centre in Miami. I haven't been there but my tech friend in Miami Beach thinks well of them. Based on the suppliers listed on their website, they carry both tech and rec equipment.

If you're looking to travel no further north than Miami, you might want to consider Austin's Dive Centre in Miami. I haven't been there but my tech friend in Miami Beach thinks well of them. Based on the suppliers listed on their website, they carry both tech and rec equipment.

Another vote for Austin's. The beautiful thing about them is they are open to negotiation if you're spending some serious coin.

got to put in a vote for Underwater Unlimited in Coral Gables

Well, thanks for all your reactions. First of all, I'm thinking of buying the Suunto SK7 compass and an underwater digital photo camera. Those are the things I mainly "need". But if there are any other good priced stuff, who knows.

We will be heading towards the keys (key west eventually) and there I am planning to make some dives. Any recommendations concerning dive schools or whatsoever?
Thanks again.
Cheers,
DC

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/
https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom