Buoyancy Promblem

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Scubamedicjoe

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
1000 - 2499
Ok I was a little hesitant to post this, but hear goes; recently I switched from a typical wrap around BC to back plate and wing. On top that, a new dry suit.
So my problem isn’t getting down or up or even staying at one depth, but my angle my hips are down and my head is up with all this 24 Ibs on my hips. So thought about some how adding weight to top of my harness, something like with this.
Xs-Scuba Quick-Attach Single Weight Pocket from LeisurePro.com

It sounds like you are on the right track. I know for me reestablishing my configuration was the hardest part of going dry.

Pete

Have you considered a V-weight on your BP ?

What kind of tanks are you diving? Switching to a nice big steel 119 from an AL80 or similar might help shift some of the weight north of your hips, and off your weight belt one way or another.

You might also simply try sliding the tank up a bit towards your head. As long as you're not banging your head, you've got room to play a bit.

Getting accustommed to a back plate and wing was enough for me to master first without adding a drysuit into the mix. Sounds like it's a trim issue. If you have an aluminum back plate a stainless one will help get your head down.As mentioned steel tanks first, then you can unload some weight.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom