Powder coating backplate?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

buddhasummer

Down under...
ScubaBoard Supporter
Divemaster
Reaction score
# of dives
2500 - 4999
I realise you cant anodize SS so was wondering if powder coating a backplate would work ok in salt water? anyone have any ideas? just curious...thanks

I realise you cant anodize SS so was wondering if powder coating a backplate would work ok in salt water? anyone have any ideas? just curious...thanks
Apparently you can do it, look partway down the page:

Crazy John Specials

SS BPs that have been powder coated. No clue how they would hold up, but powder coat is pretty rugged stuff, so I'd have to imagine they would hold up pretty well if the surface was properly prepped and painted.

Why would you want to powder coat a backplate for?

Why would you want to powder coat a backplate for?

vanity:) I saw a wing on a black anodized plate and it looked really cool, no practical reason, but just got me thinking how many other ways I can spend money on scubadiving:) Its kinda silly given that you cant see it on ya back, but maybe the aquatic life would appreciate the colour coordination....

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom