Anyone going to N. Sulawesi from USA soon?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Harley1962

Contributor
Scuba Instructor
Divemaster
Reaction score
# of dives
I'm a Fish!
Please forgive me for the very "personal" nature of this message, but I am presently out of options and am hoping a "Good Samaritan SB'er" might possibly come to my "rescue"!

I have recently taken over as Manager/Instructor at Bastianos Lembeh, and I'm finding that certain items are difficult (if not impossible) to purchase locally, at least in the size and quality I prefer. Therefore, I am asking IF anyone is coming from the USA (Prefer California or Western US) to N. Sulawesi in the next month (or two?) please PM me, as I would like to propose some type of arrangement whereby they could bring over some items (light weight, smaller things), in exchange for payment in cash, or other type of Resort hospitality here in Lembeh?

As an FYI, all items will be shipped to you from California, and "open" for inspection, meaning nothing illegal...I'm just looking for a fellow dive enthusiast that I can trust with a few important items (dive related, but NOT heavy gear like regs, BCD or fins), and perhaps a small P & S camera/housing in their carry-on?

Again, sorry for the "interruption"....I figure taking a chance here on SB is as good as any!

HB

Agreed SG is definitely closer, but things like my favorite pair of NB running shoes WON'T be in SG, neither are certain specialized dive accessories, a coffee grinder/press, and various other things that one discovers they don't want to be without while living on a remote Island.....but certainly an option IF I wanted to spend LOTS of $$ I don't have!

BTW--SG just "overtook" HK as the 2nd highest average per night room rates in Asia, so there's another issue with SG...

Fedex is great, but ALL packages entering from USA (unaccompanied) are opened and inventoried, and then an "estimate" or bill is sent to you and if you don't pay (because their estimate is MORE than the items are worth!) then guess what happens to your stuff??:no

It is confiscated and likely ends up in some Customs officer's house!

Therefore the request...

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom