Suunto Vyper computer

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Reaction score
I am purchasing a used Suunto Vyper computer. It was originally purchased in 1999. Has anything changed on the Vyper units since then? Any modifications to the RGBM algorithm any new or improved features on the new computers. The computer is mounted in the console. Anything I should be looking for when purchasing a used computer? I guess it only has 6 dives on it since purchase date. Thanks for the help.

Got some info back from suunto. Turns out the only differences are the console design looks a bit more modern on the newer versions. Also the 1999 models could not switch between meter and imperial (feet) measurements. So whatever unit you got only had one reading. I have not purchased it yet. However i have seen these units on Ebay new and used for $270 - $320 for the console model, some with the compass already.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom