Slowly regenerating my rotting brain

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Mo2vation

Relocated to South Florida....
ScubaBoard Supporter
Reaction score
# of dives
I just don't log dives
I just purchased my wetnotes ($10 delivered COVCI!) and am slowly attempting to regenerate my rotted brain.

Part of this endeavor is adding an SPG to my kit (soon will follow a bottom timer/depth device I'm sure...) as I begin working through weaning off complete reliance on my computer (a process of first relegating it to the back up position before kicking it to the curb) and putting my flabby grey matter back to work.

I've gone through a zillion threads, and I understand the importance of having an analog SPG that will communicate pressure in increments of 100's.

I've narrowed it down to the Dive Rite and the OMS - mostly because I have reliable online sources for these that will get them to me at a good price. Chuck the long hose and the boot, add a snap, yatta yatta yatta.... Installation isn't the issue - functionality and readability is. I'm over 40... still 20/20 (sort of) but it aint gonna get any easier, I'm sure.

Any comments from those of you with svelte brains on these two?

Thanks all.

K

WreckWriter once bubbled...

I use the same one.

WW
Just steer clear of the one that uses BAR...no serious divers use that voodoo measurement system..

Bars - please.

http://metricsucks.com/

Immediately the same OMS guys from all the posts I read rise up! :)

The Dive Rite seems to have a smaller form factor... maybe it just has a smaller boot?

K

Mo2vation once bubbled...
Bars - please.

http://metricsucks.com/

Immediately the same OMS guys from all the posts I read rise up! :)

The Dive Rite seems to have a smaller form factor... maybe it just has a smaller boot?

K
Exactly...good point...you don't see any of the big DIR guys hanging out in bars, so why the hell would they allow them on an SPG....this is simple folks.

On the Dive Rite...that might be a good gauge, but it is the messenger that gets me. I mean, who the hell are they to tell me I dive WRONG if I am not using their products...sheesh, no thanks...bunch of nazis...

Probably eat eggs and bacon on the morning before a dive, then have a solo smoke on the way to DIR/F....

Strokes. I better get the OMS.

I'm glad we had this talk

Scubaroo once bubbled...
Wow.

That modern, professional looking website, and the well-thought out arguments presented in it, have convinced me to change my mind.

Metric sucks, fools!

:mrt:
With the addition of your post we just tripped scubaboard's internal sarcasm monitoring feature...one more comment of that nature and they purge the thread...

Back
Top Bottom