Hotel near Ft. Lauderdale Airport, Recommendation?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Boiler_81

Contributor
Reaction score
My son and I are flying into Ft. Lauderdale late Saturday and will be headed to the Keys on Sunday to do his open water dives. We need a hotel within 30 minutes of the airport (South) which is clean and reasonably priced. Does anyone have a recommendation?

Thanks!

Boiler_81

My son and I are flying into Ft. Lauderdale late Saturday and will be headed to the Keys on Sunday to do his open water dives. We need a hotel within 30 minutes of the airport (South) which is clean and reasonably priced. Does anyone have a recommendation?

Thanks!

Boiler_81

30 minutes south of FLL at NW 41st Street and the Turnpike in West Miami (aka Doral), there's a very nice Hampton Inn and from there, you're within an hour of Key Largo.

Just be advised it's still the high season as spring break is just ending.

I have NEVER stayed there (hee because I live in the same town) but I've heard that Luckey's Motel is OK if you just need a room near the airport.

I would give Priceline a shot at getting you a room.
I had hotel rooms in Ft Lauderdale last Sat and the Sat the week before.
I paid $100.00 for the Ft Lauderdale Westin, and $69.00 for the Marriot Courtyard on the beach.
Jim Breslin

Thanks everyone

We are going to give the Hampton a try. Lucky's was sold out and I got burnt by Priceline once in Miami (Hotel was WAY overrated) and did not want to have it happen again.

Thanks everyone

We are going to give the Hampton a try. Lucky's was sold out and I got burnt by Priceline once in Miami (Hotel was WAY overrated) and did not want to have it happen again.

I stayed at the Hampton 3 week ago and room rate was 109 a night. Even got a a dive in out of south beach marina, with RJ Diving. The room was nice and they even give you breakfast. There is a Cuban restaurant next to the hotel that has great food at a great price.

We stayed at the Hampton on the way to the Keys, it was a very nice room and convenient.

On the return we stayed at Lucky’s. The rooms are dated but clean. The location is very near the airport. The rate was $75 plus tax.

We would use either of these hotels again.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/
https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom