Looking for cheap hotel in Singapore

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

skyguy

Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
Hi Everybody: I'll be stopping over in Singapore on my way to Manado for about 30+ hours. Any recommendations for a reasonably priced hotel?
I don't need anything fancy, just clean, secure and hopefully close to downtown. Thanks, Wayne

prince of wales pub you get a free pint when you book a room ps its neer hotel 81

The Prince of Wales is a backpacker hostel. S$10 - S$15 for a bunk over a VERY loud pub. I'd recommend the pub but the mob rules on what gave is shown on the big screen, no matter what the owner says :( Anyway, Hotel 81 should work for you if you don't mind that some rooms are used by the hour in some of their hotels.

I am staying for the weekend (Sept 25th) in Singapore on the way to Manado to recover from all the travel before jumping in the water. 2 of us will be there for 3nts. Looking for a hotel not too spendy but not a $10/nt loud backpacker place. Someplace safe and central. I will check out the Hotel 81, but any other suggestions. Also any "must do's" while in Singapore?

Thanks!
J

A couple budget hotels other than the Hotel 81 chain are Fragrance hotels (another chain), Golden Landmark and Fort Canning Lodge. By budget though, I mean barely less than US$100/night. Some of them may have hourly rate rooms too but the rooms should be clean and safe. Sadly the 7th Story Hotel is now a 0 Story Hotel.

Must do in Singapore? The Zoo, Night Safari, Bird Park and Aquarium are all outstanding, IMHO and definitely worth it if you are into that. If you just want more of an asian experience, just get lost walking the lanes of Arab Street, Little India, Chinatown and Gelang Serai. Unless you are extremely careless or unlucky, there are no unsafe places in Singapore to worry about.

If you really want to sweat more, walk around Changi Village then take a bumboat over to Pulau Ubin (a small island in the northeast). Rent a S$2 bike and ride around the island to see what rural Singapore was like 50 years ago. Watch out for the wild boars and there is a great place to observe tidal marine life there while walking too. Alternatively, another very cheap idea if you like the outdoors is walking around Sungei Buloh Nature Reserve.

Does your airline have any special discounts for hotels & attractions? Last time I flew Singapore they had a few packages at pretty good prices.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom