4/10 weigh in

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

NancyLynn

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
It's Thursday, again.

Holding steady this week. I was sure I'd be down another pound - but my scale is flipping back and forth between 131 and 132 this morning, so I'm not quite there yet :(

These last few pounds are really frustrating . . . makes it really hard to be "good" when I am presented with a no-choices-lunch like I was this week - salad :D (already overdressed with high calorie dressing :shakehead:, chicken :D (cordon bleu - deep fried:shakehead:), beans and carrots :D (dripping with butter:shakehead:), potatoes :D (pan-fried in something oily :shakehead:), and mousse topped with whipped cream for dressing. Not a thing I could eat a reasonable amount of - so I scraped the coating off the chicken, scraped out the middle cream & cheese filling ate the few lettuce leaves I could find with minimal dressing and still had to deal with the cravings the rest of the day triggered by the fats I consumed, and still I'm not not down that next pound.

Oh well. I'll get there eventually.

Total loss to date: 43 lbs.
Goal: 50 lbs.
Start date: 10/1/2007

Sounds like you did pretty well despite the lousy food choices. Even maintaining is better than gaining. :D

I'm down 1.5 lbs. this week.

I was on vacation last week and so I didn't participate. Regretably, I managed to leave my notebook where I track my weight at home (what would Freud say!?!) - so I am flying a bit blindly. From 2 weeks ago, it appears that I've removed about 1.6 pounds, fluctuating up to 2.6 pounds. While outside of my desired "1.5 pounds per week" removal - I am still happy that I managed to have a loss while on vacation.

My downfalls have been sweets again. And I haven't been working out since I left for holiday. I have had the best of intentions of going to the gym, but have been feeling like I am on the cusp of getting sick, so I am kind of just doing videos at home in order to prevent exposure of others and myself (you know noone really cleans their machine off after they use it). So.... I need to be better about my food, eat less and try to get out and walk, etc.

Overall weight removal since Feb 28: 7.0 pounds.

Well, I thought I posted last week, but I see I was MIA...

Over the past two weeks (workouts after the pinch in the back). I haven't had a flare-up and changed some of the routine to keep things new...

I am down 5 lbs. over the last two weeks. This is where I slow down on weight loss, and have to keep changing things in order to keep kick-starting the metabolism...

Target had a scale that was discontinued. It measures weight, fat%, Total Body Water %, muscle % and mass ($20.00 on the discontinued rack). It is really interesting to see the numbers change when you show no weight loss.

Step on the scale and see your weight, then watch your fat% go down, your body water% go up, your muscle % go up and your mass stay the same.

I created an excel spreadsheet to keep track. So far, I haven't seen anything rise that shouldn't be on the rise (Yay!)

Sounds like you did pretty well despite the lousy food choices. Even maintaining is better than gaining. :D

I'm down 1.5 lbs. this week.

Good for you!

Not much danger I'll be gaining in the short term. It's just annoying to sit and stare at food I can't eat, then not be rewarded another pound gone.

I was on vacation last week and so I didn't participate. Regretably, I managed to leave my notebook where I track my weight at home (what would Freud say!?!) - so I am flying a bit blindly. From 2 weeks ago, it appears that I've removed about 1.6 pounds, fluctuating up to 2.6 pounds

Not bad, for not participating!

Target had a scale that was discontinued. It measures weight, fat%, Total Body Water %, muscle % and mass ($20.00 on the discontinued rack). It is really interesting to see the numbers change when you show no weight loss.

Which one did you get? I looked at buying one at Target, but the only ones I could find good reviews for (Tanita) they seem to only carry in their e-stores. I got this one from Amazon.com: Tanita BF681W BF681W Scale plus Body Fat Monitor with Body Water % at Online Fitness (Love those free bucks I get from my Amazon card :) )

So far I'm happy with it - I'm using my old scale for weight until I hit 130 (the top of my target range), then I'll switch. It is fun to watch the % fat change while I'm just playing with it - not so fun to watch the # of calories I can eat to maintain my weight (and not gain) drop.

I got the Taylor 5599. It has the electronic plates, and you should have clean damp feet (The first time, I thought it was a joke and waited for the shock... didn't come... lol)

5599.gif

[FONT=arial, helvetica]#5599 new![/FONT]
dotspace.gif

[FONT=verdana, geneva]Glass body composition analyzer scale. Uses BIA to measure body fat and body water to the 0.1%. Scale also measures bone mineral mass and muscle mass. 1.6" LCD readout. 4 memories. Athlete Mode option. Unique body fat and body water range graph. Silvertone base with built-in carry handle. Separate scale-only mode. Extra high capacity 440 lbs x .2 lb/200 kgs x .1 kg. Instant on, auto zero, auto off, low battery indicator. Powered by 2 lithium batteries (included).[/FONT]

Discontinued at Target $20.00

Do these things really work? Like if I gain a lb and it's mostly water, the scale will tell you that?

Back
Top Bottom