Dahab! Here I come

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Belushi

Contributor
Scuba Instructor
Reaction score
# of dives
I'm a Fish!
I am a renewed and in teaching status British Master Instructor.

I will be leaving the UK to fly to Sharm on the 24th April to look for a job. Im planningon Dahab to settle in.

So any tips in job hunting or apartment finding would be useful

I then return to the Uk a week later and if I am successful will return with more dive gear and my cameras.

I am a renewed and in teaching status British Master Instructor.

I will be leaving the UK to fly to Sharm on the 24th April to look for a job. Im planningon Dahab to settle in.

So any tips in job hunting or apartment finding would be useful

I then return to the Uk a week later and if I am successful will return with more dive gear and my cameras.

Hey! Good to see you again. I can't help with your new move, but it sounds great. Send Pix from Sharm and Dahab!

Accomodation: My mate Ahmed has some property and may be able to help. Otherwise try Nicole at Sheikh Salem House, or Bedouina

Job hunting is just a matter of putting your details out. There are loads of dive centres in Dahab, just start at one end of town and work your way down to the other leaving your contact details. A local mobile phone number will help, SIM cards are cheap and easily available.

Good luck, let us know how you get on.

I was in Dahab Nov/Dec 2007, the job market in that town is over-loaded with instructors, hopefully you can speak a second language other than English, as this is what the shops are needing, the first thing you will be asked is "what languages can you speak". I hope you enjoy just DMing & not teaching much, except for DSD. I do not know if your IANTD instuctor rating will give you a head up, hopefully yes.

My best advice is to pay to dive and learn the dive sites before walking into a dive centers looking for work... the second question you will be asked is "Do you know all the dive sites??

Check out the dive store across from the old Sphinx hotel and possibly buy the dive site guide book, interesting read, especially why the deeper water in Dahab is warmer than the shallower water in Eilat... or why the dive site Golden Blocks is so named, ect. I liked eating the the Cafe 2 doors to the left, the local guys in there are cool, never got sick ect.

You can find long term accommodation by going to Mirage Village hotel Mirage Village via the seawalk past lighthouse then find Bedouina ::Welcome to Bedouina::Bedounia Real Estate :Bedounia Travel :Dahab,South Sinai,Egypt on the street just behind the property. Also, talking to locals in the dive shops, they always know someone with a house to rent... small house/apartment will be @$350.00USD per month.

I understand languages are a big deal in the Madives, more important than your PADI rating. Two of my Colleagues worked there a few years ago, between them they spoke 6 different languages.

UPDATE ...

Found an amazing apartment for 1500LE a month (£135),(sattelite tv, washing machine, use of one of four bicycles) and am returning on 6th May to go job hunting.

Worst case scenario, I dont find a job and just spend 2 months diving and videoing!

But I've just applied for a job on the Galapagos islands, so it might just have to be put on the back burner!

Back
Top Bottom