Zeagle Ranger, who Has ONE!

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

saltysupply

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
0 - 24
Well the ranger was my first BC and im glad I decided to go with it for my first BC as it seems like a tank....What do you guys think of your and what are some must have upgrades for it?

I originally wanted the Stiletto but my LDS had the Ranger on sale for the same price as the Stiletto so I went with it. Absolutely love it. Kinda wish it had a smaller bladder but otherwise it's great. Used it twice in the local quarry but really noticed how good it was in Bonaire after days and days of diving. Never rolled on me, never slid, always felt secured to my back. Used the Scout of OW/AOW and other rentals but this was by far the best thing I've ever used. I'm willing to pay a little more for something so that I only have to pay once. Got my wife a used Escape. Technically used but really used only a couple times. I feel Zeagle makes a great product.

Not much for accessories. You can get a safety sausage thing that attaches to it or pony bottle and Spare Air holders but otherwise not much there. Nothing that I feel I have to have. Woulda been cool to order it in custom colors, but don't know what I would have done or if it would cost more.

I have owned a zeagle ranger for 5 years now and i love it and it is a tank - the only other bc i have is the dive rite transpac i bought last year - now my problem is deciding which one to dive - i have been diving my transpac more because i just got it - but the ranger isn't going anywhere.
My two daughters 14 and 12 both dive zeagles.

I have been diving mine for 3 years now and have no intention to get rid of it. The only accessory I have are those yellow thingies which are great for handing your weights up to the DM on some charter boats.

The Zeagle Ranger was my 2nd B/C, and it lasted about 5 years, until I wore it out, and then I graduated to a DSS BPW.

The normal progression is (1) rental jacket B/C, (2) back-inflation B/C, then (3) BPW.

It is possible to short cut the normal progression, but unlikely.

I just sold my Zeagle Ranger as I just got a Transpac with a Oxycheq Mach V Wing. I had an old Tusa for the past 15 years prior. I hated the Ranger as it was to much for my single tank diving. Air seemed to get trapped and got the taco with this huge wing. I did strap on a 2lb weight on the lower cam band to offset forward floatation and help with trim. Never used the added weight yellow pouches. They seemed way over priced for a bag to hold weights while in the weight pocket of the BCD. Just filled the pockets of the BCD with hard lead.

Love my transpac. Took a day to set up and around 3 dives to perfect trim and set up.

Never had a Tacoing issue maybe you were over weighted and had to much air in your bladder? Also the Oxy Check is a 30-40 lb wing and the ranger is a 44 lbs wing I seriously doubt there is THAT much of a difference between the two but oh well. As long as your happy with it thats all that matters :) I tried the transpac and prefer my ranger.

glad to hear you all like it, I have't had to many dives on it but am liking it alot...would like to try a jacket style someday

I've had my Ranger for 4 years. I switch out between the 44lb bladder and the 35lb bladder depending on the kind of diving I'm doing. If I'm tropical diving or teaching, I use the smaller wing. If I'm drysuit diving in cold water, I use the larger wing.

Its got hundreds of dives on it, and it hardly shows any signs of wear.

I added the lumbar support, yellow thingies, and put size medium shoulder straps on the large BC.
It only takes about 5 minutes to switch the 44lb and the 35lb bladders.

I've had the opportunity to use quite a few BCs, and the Ranger is my favorite.

Back
Top Bottom