Elite vs. Transplate harness?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

ChrisA

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
I need a harness for an existing backplate, I've decided I don't want the normal one piece "hog harnes". I have an issue with a minor injury to my shoulder and need the release buckle.) I was all set to buy the Diverite Transplate harness but just found out about the "Elite". So how are they different? Why choose one vs. the other?

I need a harness for an existing backplate, I've decided I don't want the normal one piece "hog harnes". I have an issue with a minor injury to my shoulder and need the release buckle.) I was all set to buy the Diverite Transplate harness but just found out about the "Elite". So how are they different? Why choose one vs. the other?

Hi Chris,

Thanks for the questions. When designing the elite harness, we looked carefully at all the pro's and con's of the current systems available. We cant say why another manufacterer's product differs from our own or why it is better or worse, but we can tell you that we chose the most beneficial or "pro's" to help develop ours. The best retail price on the Elite harness is $115.50. With most of the current backplates on the market (such as your own), including the Aluminum or Stainless Hollis plates, you will be able to weave the system together quite easily. The system comes standard with contoured shoulder straps, stainless hardware, and two fastex buckles (one for each shoulder). It also includes the webbing and stainless buckle.

I urge you to take the time and check out all of our products, including the Elite to see which is right for you. PM me with your location and I can put you in touch with the nearest dealer to you.

Thanks,

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom