Destin Jetties??? April 11th??? Hellfish???

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Whyphysco

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
50 - 99
I need to get diving tomorrow and i was looking at the jetties tomorrow, High tide is at 2:57 pm. Maybe get some bags and a bunch of crabs.... anyone interested i'm pretty sure me and my dive buddy will be there.

Sorry I can't join you guys....I have to be in a beach wedding tomorrow...and, it is supposed to rain. Problem is, I will be at the wedding, looking at the water, and thinking about diving! Have fun and give me a report on conditions.

I need to get diving tomorrow and i was looking at the jetties tomorrow, High tide is at 2:57 pm. Maybe get some bags and a bunch of crabs.... anyone interested i'm pretty sure me and my dive buddy will be there.

Thats kewl, I just got a call from my dive buddy at 4 this morning, one of his guys got a DWI, so i might not be goin, but if we do go glen ur more than invited to the boil afterwards, i'll heep a fellow hellfish up to date, haha! Take it easy everyone!

The first ever Hellfish Crab Grab went down pretty nice yesterday. Between Me, Dan, And Becky we got 35 crabs!!! Vis was poor, only like 4 or 5 feet at most, but dispite that this was a fun dive for use, i have never heard more laughing and shreaking ( becky has some lungs on her ) under the water. Definetly something we need to do again. After it was over we came back to my house and cooked up a feast! It was a very fun day for alot of us who needed to relax after a long week, maybe nexttime we can get more planning and get more guys out there and a bigger boil goin, between the 3 of us we caught enough for 6 or 7 people. Sry know dive pictures, the offical Hellfish Photographer ( yeah, thats you Glen ) couldn't make it, so i just got some pictures of the aftermath.

SD530136.jpg

Becky in the Kitchen, the master chef!

SD530139.jpg

The Catch

SD530140.jpg

Dan, always the professional

SD530141.jpg

Getting the crab back that got him

SD530146.jpg

into the pot

SD530151.jpg

Don't know who brought the Tequila.

SD530152.jpg

The Hellfish family table.

Hope everyone has a great weekend and Dives!!

Looks like you guys had fun...

... little hint for next time. Leave the crabs that have eggs(that big cluster of orange on the bottoms). Its illegal to take them.

Sorry I missed the day. Looks like it was fun. I was standing by the Gulf, but not with a tank on. Had a beachside wedding rehearsal yesterday....today, we have to go dodge the rain and see if we can get the wedding done. Hopefully, we will have many more dive days now that summer is approaching. Man, I am ready for this crappy weather, tides, and high water to get out of here. Thanks for the pictures...why didn't you take some pictures with your awesome underwater camera....oh yeah, nevermind!:D

The first ever Hellfish Crab Grab went down pretty nice yesterday. Between Me, Dan, And Becky we got 35 crabs!!! Vis was poor, only like 4 or 5 feet at most, but dispite that this was a fun dive for use, i have never heard more laughing and shreaking ( becky has some lungs on her ) under the water. Definetly something we need to do again. After it was over we came back to my house and cooked up a feast! It was a very fun day for alot of us who needed to relax after a long week, maybe nexttime we can get more planning and get more guys out there and a bigger boil goin, between the 3 of us we caught enough for 6 or 7 people. Sry know dive pictures, the offical Hellfish Photographer ( yeah, thats you Glen ) couldn't make it, so i just got some pictures of the aftermath.
Hope everyone has a great weekend and Dives!!

SuPrBuGmAn, it was a blast, wish there was more guys there to enjoy the food. For the blue crabs, we call OWC to get the reg on blue crabs, and i asked specifacly about female, and they didn't say anything to the contrary, do u know where the reg is for it, it would be good to have a reference because we couldn't find it besides saying the limit was 10 gals per person.

There's nothing legally against taking the females, its just an issue with taking females laden with eggs. THey do recommend leaving females in the water as the females apparently have a much larger impact on crab population.

Recreational Blue Crabbing Information

I love blue crab, really wish I could have made that little trip :( Unfortunately, I work during the week.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/
https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom