Pcb 4-09-08

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

PatMyGreen

ScubaBoard Business Sponsor
ScubaBoard Business Sponsor
Scuba Instructor
Divemaster
Reaction score
Panama City Beach, Florida, United States
We decided to postpone our planned offshore grouper trip awhile due to the high winds that we expected to shift and calm later in the day, but when it seemed like it was time to go or call the trip I decided we could run down the coast letting it keep the fetch from building large waves, and hit some inshore numbers to the East of the Pass. I rarely go East due to a superstition about bad vis, which turned out to be well placed. With me were two Underwater CSI grad students from FSU, Brad and Stuart both are new to spearing.

Dive one had 8' vis and a ripping surface current. Huge red snapper, 20#ers or at least 1 20#er that may have kept swimming by me.. hard to say. Stuart pooped his spearing cherry and nailed 3 nice sheepshead.

Dive two was a massive sheepshead orgy which led to a tally of 18 sheepshead coming aboard by the end of the dive. Check out Brad's monster! And of course the winds shifted and died as we headed in.:D

We are grilling out at my place tomorrow at 7:30pm if anyone wants some fresh sheepy and libations! 7609 Sunset Ave PCB

Attachments

• Brad Sheepy.JPG
    Brad Sheepy.JPG
    228.3 KB · Views: 50
  • Brad Stu.JPG
    Brad Stu.JPG
    179.4 KB · Views: 50
  • Way in.JPG
    Way in.JPG
    142.7 KB · Views: 38
https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back